Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/)
-   -   which srt sway bar makes more of a difference? front or back (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f185/which-srt-sway-bar-makes-more-of-a-difference-front-or-back-27208.html)

richxgior 08-16-2011 10:23 PM

which srt sway bar makes more of a difference? front or back

little short on cash, just curious..witch srt sway bar made more of a difference. front or back? obviously both together would be ideal but, if i only buy one for now. thanks (:

cpopp0101 08-16-2011 10:42 PM

Re: which srt sway bar makes more of a difference? front or back

i hear people say the rear makes the most diff, especially with body roll

JeepKid 08-16-2011 10:45 PM

^ x2. I have the rear on mine and it made a pretty noticeable difference along with my Bilsteins.

richxgior 08-16-2011 10:56 PM

nice nice so ill order the rear tonight! thanks guys

HEMI57 08-17-2011 06:00 AM

Yup order the rear first, mine feels 10x better with it on cornering especially at speed. Don't forget to order new brackets and bushings. Justforjeeps had great prices on all of it.

B.P.O.D 08-17-2011 03:43 PM

if you are stock. rear is the way to go:) love the rear sway:) most people hardly feel the diff adding the front after the rear is in

richxgior 08-18-2011 01:08 AM

niceee only costed me 90 bucks !

HEMI57 08-18-2011 05:56 AM

So you forgot the bushings and brackets then? See my previous post or you will be sad when you get it and realize you need them!

amw5 08-18-2011 07:02 AM

You need both! You'll get unballanced cornering characteristics running only one. If you just install the rear, you'll increase oversteer in the front. If you just add the stiffer bar to the front, you'll decrease oversteer and may reduce front grip to the point of inducing high speed understeer...which isn't entirely bad, since our rigs have alot of oversteer to begin with. Therefore, it would be optimal to stiffen up both the front and the rear at the same time...if I could only do one, I'd do the front, for it makes the biggest difference.

richxgior 08-18-2011 11:23 PM

nah i got the bushings and brackets! i got the 10 dollars off jeep code you guys lol! thats why it was 90!

Scottina06 08-19-2011 01:30 AM

get both

dmsfun 08-19-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amw5 (Post 468279)
You need both! You'll get unballanced cornering characteristics running only one. If you just install the rear, you'll increase oversteer in the front. If you just add the stiffer bar to the front, you'll decrease oversteer and may reduce front grip to the point of inducing high speed understeer...which isn't entirely bad, since our rigs have alot of oversteer to begin with. Therefore, it would be optimal to stiffen up both the front and the rear at the same time...if I could only do one, I'd do the front, for it makes the biggest difference.

I totally disagree with this; The WK, nor any other vehicle sold in the world has oversteer built in to it. A vehicle is much more unsafe to drive when you have oversteer, which happens when the front is stiffer than the rear, and ALL manufacturers design thier vehicles to have a degree of understeer, since it is the safest. Once you have had the rear of the vehicle come around during an agressive corner and cleaned the brown spots from your jockey shorts, you will then understand. Get the rear first for sure.