Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   V6 sluggishness and RPMS sticking (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/v6-sluggishness-and-rpms-sticking-27302.html)

Pericles 08-18-2011 07:39 PM

V6 sluggishness and RPMS sticking

Hello all,

I am currently demoing a 2011 laredo that has already had the tsb update. It seems to be very underpowered IMO. A few issues I'm seeing are upon acceration and letting off the gas the rpms will stick and not drop for a few second, the engine is still revving even with letting off the gas completely. Its almost as if the tranny and motor are not synching together correctly. It seems like at a cruise of 20mph if you give it a decent amount of gas it struggles to find the right gear and just takes forever. Is this how all the v6 versions are?If so I'm not going to purchase the vehicle. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

sined240 08-19-2011 06:27 AM

Re: V6 sluggishness and RPMS sticking

Most likely due to the result of a V6 in a 5100 lbs. vehicle

Eric67 08-19-2011 06:51 AM

My v6 reacts pretty fast on the trottle. Also the rvs do not stick if you get of the gas. So I think something is wrong. Try another one.

hammer1234 08-19-2011 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pericles (Post 468813)
Hello all,

I am currently demoing a 2011 laredo that has already had the tsb update. It seems to be very underpowered IMO. A few issues I'm seeing are upon acceration and letting off the gas the rpms will stick and not drop for a few second, the engine is still revving even with letting off the gas completely. Its almost as if the tranny and motor are not synching together correctly. It seems like at a cruise of 20mph if you give it a decent amount of gas it struggles to find the right gear and just takes forever. Is this how all the v6 versions are?If so I'm not going to purchase the vehicle. Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

Even with the TSB update I still find that there is a bit of a "dead spot" in the throttle, but it's not as noticeable as it was before the update. I'd also admit that the V6 is working hard to accelerate this heavy SUV.

I rented a V6 WK2 in Salt Lake City in Feb and had a chance to get used to this throttle behavior for a few days. Didn't keep me from purchasing the vehicle...but I could see how it could be a detractor.

Pericles 08-19-2011 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer1234 (Post 469110)
Even with the TSB update I still find that there is a bit of a "dead spot" in the throttle, but it's not as noticeable as it was before the update. I'd also admit that the V6 is working hard to accelerate this heavy SUV.

I rented a V6 WK2 in Salt Lake City in Feb and had a chance to get used to this throttle behavior for a few days. Didn't keep me from purchasing the vehicle...but I could see how it could be a detractor.

Coming from a dodge ram with a hemi, this isn't something that I feel I can live with. I just get irritated all the time!

bigpanda 08-19-2011 09:42 AM

Even after TSB update, yes, there is some dead spot. Another TSB should come out soon, Jeep.

RPM sticking, it's probably due to transmision calibration for faster acceleration at 1st gear.

hammer1234 08-19-2011 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pericles (Post 469129)
Coming from a dodge ram with a hemi, this isn't something that I feel I can live with. I just get irritated all the time!

Have you test driven the Hemi? Not sure if it has the same behavior...

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigpanda (Post 469144)
Even after TSB update, yes, there is some dead spot. Another TSB should come out soon, Jeep.

RPM sticking, it's probably due to transmision calibration for faster acceleration at 1st gear.

FWIW I've had a similar behavior on another car...went WOT for a short time and then completely backed off, and the RPMs stayed high for a moment before going down. Figured it was some calibration in the electronic throttle.

Pericles 08-19-2011 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hammer1234 (Post 469188)
Have you test driven the Hemi? Not sure if it has the same behavior...

FWIW I've had a similar behavior on another car...went WOT for a short time and then completely backed off, and the RPMs stayed high for a moment before going down. Figured it was some calibration in the electronic throttle.

Problem is I can't afford the hemi version :(

SixZeroFour 08-19-2011 05:43 PM

I'm actually quite happy with the V6 after the flash and I think there is a newer update that I have still yet to have applied. Definitly no hanging RPM going on in my Jeep so I'd take it back it in to be checked.

There is a note in the TSB that reads:

NOTE: A TCM module initialization must be performed after the reprograming of the
PCM and TCM to take full advantage of the new software features.

Wonder if they accidentally skipped a step?

bigpanda 08-19-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pericles (Post 469204)
Problem is I can't afford the hemi version :(

I can NOT get Hemi here in Korea.:mad::mad:

Cherodude 08-21-2011 07:16 AM

OP: That behaviour does not sound normal. As suggested above, try another V6.

Cherodude 08-21-2011 07:16 AM

deleted