Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Saw/Drove at SRT8 Tour & Affiliate Pricing (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/saw-drove-at-srt8-tour-and-affiliate-pricing-27326.html)

Jeeps 08-19-2011 08:17 AM

Saw/Drove at SRT8 Tour & Affiliate Pricing

2 Attachment(s)
My wife and I got our first look at the SRT8 when the Tour stopped in our city. I had already placed an order for it back in July but never seen it in person. Once the pricing was released was really disappointed but already had VIN so was just going to decide when it came in if we were going to buy it. Well we got a short look and drive in it and my wife loved the interior, exhaust sound, and exclusivity (3800 units will be built). This will be mainly her DD but I will drive it too. They set up a small course in a parking lot and really can't give a good evaluation of how it drives (never got out of 1st gear) but it does feel heavy coming from my Audi A4. I wanted to consider a Limited or Overland but my wife is stuck on the SRT8 with the carbon fiber & aluminum trim (she doesn't like wood interior trim). So most likely going to keep my order. Now the question. Is Affiliate Pricing being honored? My dealer said (when ordering) he would if Chrysler accepts it. Is Affiliate always 1% below invoice?

MSRP is $59,785, LuxII, Pano, Tow
Invoice $56,790
PP price $56,230??? 1% below invoice

My dealer has yet to call me with pricing since it came out so want to be prepared. Thanks!

barho 08-19-2011 08:47 AM

Re: Saw/Drove at SRT8 Tour & Affiliate Pricing

Can't answer those questions, but certainly will say it is a beautiful vehicle, and good luck with it when you get it. Make sure you get the price protection regardless of what your dealer tells you.

Also, on the exclusivity thing. Yeah, they will be exclusive at only 3,800 units per year, but less exclusive than the outgoing wk1 SRT. The most units ever sold during its run each year was a little over 3,200.

Schleprock 08-19-2011 10:18 AM

Affiliate is always 1% below the invoice. No one knows whether it will be accepted yet, we'll find out when the first units are signed on the dotted line by the prospective buyer. Should be soon as someone in Easton MD has theirs on the way and it should be there by the end of next week. Don't know who the person is, but I would guess the Affiliate rewards program should be updated by that time to reflect eligibility.

Scottina06 08-19-2011 02:45 PM

Nice shots jeeps!

I highly doubt affiliate pricing will be honored on these babies at first.....BUT...keep an eye on these forums as Ive sent some question directly to SRT management and that is one of the questions.

Red G8R 08-19-2011 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeeps (Post 469102)
My wife and I got our first look at the SRT8 when the Tour stopped in our city. I had already placed an order for it back in July but never seen it in person. Once the pricing was released was really disappointed but already had VIN so was just going to decide when it came in if we were going to buy it. Well we got a short look and drive in it and my wife loved the interior, exhaust sound, and exclusivity (3800 units will be built). This will be mainly her DD but I will drive it too. They set up a small course in a parking lot and really can't give a good evaluation of how it drives (never got out of 1st gear) but it does feel heavy coming from my Audi A4. I wanted to consider a Limited or Overland but my wife is stuck on the SRT8 with the carbon fiber & aluminum trim (she doesn't like wood interior trim). So most likely going to keep my order. Now the question. Is Affiliate Pricing being honored? My dealer said (when ordering) he would if Chrysler accepts it. Is Affiliate always 1% below invoice?

MSRP is $59,785, LuxII, Pano, Tow
Invoice $56,790
PP price $56,230??? 1% below invoice

My dealer has yet to call me with pricing since it came out so want to be prepared. Thanks!

So why are so many complaining about price when it seems no one pays MSRP in the USA. So many are qualified to pay below invoice. :eek:
Guys like me can barely get a discount if any. :(

BostonDMD 08-19-2011 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red G8R (Post 469318)
Guys like me can barely get a discount if any. :(

Maybe you should be a bit tougher during negotiations?:)

ucla95 08-19-2011 04:02 PM

My dealer is willing to honor Affiliate Pricing on an SRT8.

BostonDMD 08-19-2011 04:07 PM

^^^^ Mine too!

mjw930 08-20-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ucla95 (Post 469353)
My dealer is willing to honor Affiliate Pricing on an SRT8.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BostonDMD (Post 469363)
^^^^ Mine too!

Could have something to do with the smart dealers knowing these will sit on the lot, eating up floor plan costs if they try to get full MSRP now that it's over $60k.