Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Wheels/Tires/Brakes (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/)
-   -   New tires; Suggestions? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f199/new-tires-suggestions-27382.html)

bematare 08-20-2011 03:56 PM

New tires; Suggestions?

Hey guys, I'm looking to buy some new tires.. but I'm relatively clueless as to what tires would be best for me, and I'm scared of tire vultures :-P

I need tires mainly for driving on roads, but sometimes I'll drive off road here and there, and I would really like white text on the outside!

I've been checking Tire discounters, Goodyear, etc.. but still I'm bedazzled!

This is the tire size for rear, and front stock tires P225/75R16

I currently have 4 Goodyear tires w/ P235/70R16

Cheapest price is always the best :-D, and All season tires?

Thanks again for the help you guys have already given me, I'll keep checking the internet for some deals and steals!

bematare 08-20-2011 04:03 PM

Re: New tires; Suggestions?

http://pricing.tirediscounters.com/search/tires.asp

Here's the list for 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x2(I think)

I'm thinking the first two are good?

JETLIFE 08-20-2011 04:19 PM

Cheap tires give cheap performance. Just don't buy some Chinese brand. I have had great performance with Toyo tires and BF Goodrich tires. You can't go wrong with BFG A/Ts. You could end up having to replace cheap tires in half the time as a more expensive ones.

bematare 08-20-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 469775)
Cheap tires give cheap performance. Just don't buy some Chinese brand. I have had great performance with Toyo tires and BF Goodrich tires. You can't go wrong with BFG A/Ts. You could end up having to replace cheap tires in half the time as a more expensive ones.

Very true.. I don't plan on buying some unknown brand.. I just only have 500~ to spend :-/

JeepMe 08-20-2011 04:38 PM

I was kind of in the same boat as you when I got my tires about 1 year ago. I drive 70 highway miles a day to and from work. But I also wanted some A/T tires because I pull stuff around the land and through the mud. So I wanted something in the $500 range, something that would last a decent amount of miles, and something with some beef so I wouldn't get stuck in wet grass.

I got a set of Toyo A/T Open Country tires for like $550 installed and everything. It's rated at 50k miles and I believe it will get there. I've already put almost 20k miles on them and they're lasting great. I've gone offroading at the local park and they've also been great. Gone through mud deep enough to drag my diffs and TC cross member. I would highly recommend them and plan on getting them when new tires are needed.

bematare 08-20-2011 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepMe (Post 469780)
I was kind of in the same boat as you when I got my tires about 1 year ago. I drive 70 highway miles a day to and from work. But I also wanted some A/T tires because I pull stuff around the land and through the mud. So I wanted something in the $500 range, something that would last a decent amount of miles, and something with some beef so I wouldn't get stuck in wet grass.

I got a set of Toyo A/T Open Country tires for like $550 installed and everything. It's rated at 50k miles and I believe it will get there. I've already put almost 20k miles on them and they're lasting great. I've gone offroading at the local park and they've also been great. Gone through mud deep enough to drag my diffs and TC cross member. I would highly recommend them and plan on getting them when new tires are needed.

That sounds just like me haha, thanks I'll look em up! :thumbsup:

tkdgirl 08-22-2011 05:28 AM

I absolutely love my General Grabber AT2s. Not only are they great in snow, but exceptional in the rain. Will be getting another set in the spring.

TJXJWJ 08-22-2011 07:46 AM

BFG A/T...best all purpose truck tire EVAR. :thumbsup:

I also had very good experiences with Nitto's Terra Grappler A/T

Joe's2001Laredo 08-22-2011 06:33 PM

Have about 6k on my General grabbers and they are great.No problems in any weather

lll2for3lll 08-22-2011 06:35 PM

BFG A/T's

100,000 mile tire. :thumbsup:

bematare 08-22-2011 09:53 PM

I think I found a good tire it seems, good reviews ok warranty.. overall nice pricing!

http://www.discounttire.com/dtcs/fin...&fcb=&sw=false

New tires Thursday and new lights! Fantastic day! (Will finally put some pictures of the Jeep up :D)

lll2for3lll 08-23-2011 01:47 AM

tirerack.com has good prices.