Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Can the PARKSENSE system be reset without starscan? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/can-the-parksense-system-be-reset-without-starscan-27385.html)

HEMI57 08-20-2011 05:26 PM

Can the PARKSENSE system be reset without starscan?

Removed my beat up chrome rear bumper strup today and replaced it with a fresh new one. Looks great but now PARKSENSE SERVICE displays and it doesn't work obviously. Can I reset it on my own with some weird sequence of buttons? I tried scanning for DTCs with SUPERCHIPS with no luck. I'm going to try the battery reset to see if that works.

Crestwood1001 08-20-2011 05:28 PM

Re: Can the PARKSENSE system be reset without starscan?

If that dosnt work call a dealer and ask what they would want to starscan it.

HEMI57 08-20-2011 05:33 PM

Oh, or maybe pulling the fuse for it specifically might work?

Crestwood1001 08-20-2011 05:43 PM

I dont think it would make a difference, give it a try.

Chaoul1 08-20-2011 09:02 PM

Unplug your Battery for 30 Seconds. While they battery is disconnected, press on the brake pedal to drain all the Electricity out of the Whole System. After that conec tthe connect and see if they light still comes on.

HEMI57 08-21-2011 08:35 AM

So I unplugged the battery overnight and also drained the electronics... Sadly it's still not working. Hope I didn't break a wire or something while I was moving them from one chrome piece to another.

I can disable it before putting it in reverse so at least it's quiet for now. I have te rear camera and prefer that anyways

HEMI57 09-29-2011 06:39 AM

bumping this thread up in case someone knows any secrets to parksense.. I really hate going to the dealer but it looks like that might be in my near future. Parksense still says service needed and is driving me nuts.

NorthNJwk 09-29-2011 09:29 AM

Mine is doing the same thing, although it works occasionally which leads me to believe there is loose wire. Good luck and keep is posted..

HEMI57 09-30-2011 06:52 AM

I finally got it to turn off (pressing the off button before shifting in reverse just after starting Jeep) and now it just chimes once to let me know I turned it off everytime I put it in reverse. Much better than getting the wildly obnoxious BEEEEEEEEP "Service Parksense" indicator. I really just use the camera and wish I could just pull a fuse, but it looks like the correct fuse also controls many other things as well.