Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   RedRocker (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/redrocker-27408.html)

NHWK05 08-21-2011 11:10 AM

RedRocker

Where did you go? Where did all your sweet trail and mod pics go?

I searched you and all your pics are gone and i have not seen you around JG for a while. :(

robpp 08-21-2011 11:15 AM

Re: RedRocker

you must have pissed him off.....

NHWK05 08-21-2011 11:17 AM

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

robpp 08-21-2011 11:28 AM

i will keep an eye out as he is in the same metropolitaan area. and Ihave met him before.

did you browse the other forums and see last posts?

NHWK05 08-21-2011 11:28 AM

Yea, I checked JU and got nothing. like 1 thread no pics.

Scottina06 08-21-2011 02:55 PM

I saw him on here a day ago

Red Rocker Last Activity: 08-20-2011 09:27 AM

RedRocker 08-21-2011 10:11 PM

I still come here occasionally. Seems like conversastions have mainly shifted to WK2 which I have no plans on buying (I keep vehicles a long time, so I'll be skipping the WK2 model).

I'm having technical issues with hosting my pics ever since I switched from XP (IIS 6) to Windows 7 (IIS 7). I can host pics in a web page but I can't link to pics on forums. I'll get it figured out sooner or later.

Do you need anything in particular?

NHWK05 08-22-2011 09:44 AM

I. Wanted to ask you about your old setup with the GY silent armors. I am going to be buying new tires soon and I really like the GY's. Its just so hard to go by reviews on any tire for that matter because people don't judge tires fairly imho. So with that said. How do/did you like them? Are they better then bfg at? How did/do the ride/ handle and how long did they last?

My biggest concern is tread wear and snow traction. For off road its dirt roads and light trails/ power lines when I actually get to play.

I hope you liked them because I really want the GY Silent Armors. I'm getting a 265/65/17. The bfgs in that size are a load range 2 and more expensive. I don't need or want an E range tire.

Thanks.

DGoral31 08-22-2011 05:52 PM

they might be a bit out of your price range but the BFG ATKO is the best tire out there... sorry to butt in but thats just my 2 cents :)

RedRocker 08-22-2011 10:58 PM

Goodyear Silent Armors are great. I ran BFG ATs on my ZJ until I ripped a sidewall in Moab (this would have been at least 10 years ago, today's basic tread design seems to be the same). I replaced the BFG ATs with Goodyear ATSs and the snow traction was noticeably better with the Goodyears.

MTRs are still king (in my mind) for heavy trail use, for anything less I'd go with Silent Armors.

Regarding ATKOs, I don't have them, I've never run them, but I've heard from people who do run them that they are LOUD! My MTRs are loud, I'm always happy to swap them out for my Silent Armors in the fall.

Finally - I can't really say how long the Silent Armors will last - I probably only put 5-7K miles per year on them.

NHWK05 08-25-2011 05:49 PM

Thanks for the info. I have had bothe generations of the BFG AT and the firs was pathetic compared to the KO. I would love to buy them but first, everyone has them and second they are outrageously priced to put in a close to stock size on a stock WK. I think i am deff going to buy the GY SAs soon and give them a try.