Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   730N RHR - Automatic Ipod Shuffle (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/730n-rhr-automatic-ipod-shuffle-27480.html)

boldd 08-22-2011 08:32 PM

730N RHR - Automatic Ipod Shuffle

Lately, when I choose to use my Ipod Touch, my 730N RHR automatically is choosing to shuffle my playlists. Anyone else have this or a solution?

Thanks.

boldd 08-26-2011 07:55 PM

Re: 730N RHR - Automatic Ipod Shuffle

I've now tried my older Nano, same issue. Any ideas? Take it to dealer?

ALso, all of a sudden Jeep recognized my key fob as Memory 2, not Memory 1, had to resave it.

1958 tractor 08-27-2011 08:04 AM

I hope I'm understanding your problem correctly. Your RHR was working properly before and now it's shuffling your music?
First thing I would check is in the RHR menu to see if Shuffle may have been accidentally selected. If it hasn't, I would then check your ipod to see if it is working properly. If everything is setup (RHR) and working properly (ipod) I would then see your dealer.

Mel

I found that if I leave my ipod connected to the RHR all the time it would go squirrelly on me. :(

boldd 08-27-2011 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1958 tractor (Post 473883)
I hope I'm understanding your problem correctly. Your RHR was working properly before and now it's shuffling your music?
First thing I would check is in the RHR menu to see if Shuffle may have been accidentally selected. If it hasn't, I would then check your ipod to see if it is working properly. If everything is setup (RHR) and working properly (ipod) I would then see your dealer.

Mel

I found that if I leave my ipod connected to the RHR all the time it would go squirrelly on me. :(

I connect either ipod and ensure the "shuffle" is NOT checked. music plays in the proper order. When I turn off vehicle, turn it back on, the system is turning the shuffle option back on. I then have to go in and turn it off. It's doing it without me going into the menus.

Maybe I will disconnect the ipod for a bit and cycle through a couple ignition starts.

boldd 08-30-2011 08:04 PM

Anyone else?

ColdCase 08-30-2011 09:02 PM

I've seen it play item #8 out of 3 in a playlist, I've seen it start playing the next track without audio... seems to function more reliably without BT phone in car. It seemed to function better a month ago than it does now. My $50 clarion radio does much better than this piece of junk... although there are certainly things it does well.

What is most aggravating is the the audio level is global, not per source, so when I'm having difficulty with the iPod and want to reconnect to clear,as soon as I disconnect the cable, the unit switches to the radio and blares away at high volume.. scaring the neighborhood kids and not being that good for my hearing. I know I should have thought of this before disconnecting the cable... wonder if I can get some compensation for my hearing loss.... :)

kazak 12-10-2011 09:57 AM

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but is this a dead end? My iPhone issue is actually the opposite. It doesn't shuffle unless I play the music first in shuffle mode in my iPhone before connecting it to either USB port. If not, it always plays in alphabetical order. Shuffle is enabled in the 730N's settings. hmmm....

bilex 07-18-2012 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boldd (Post 473943)
I connect either ipod and ensure the "shuffle" is NOT checked. music plays in the proper order. When I turn off vehicle, turn it back on, the system is turning the shuffle option back on. I then have to go in and turn it off. It's doing it without me going into the menus.

Maybe I will disconnect the ipod for a bit and cycle through a couple ignition starts.

I have the same problem. At first everything was ok, now it shuffles whenever it wants... Any ideas?

*sox* 07-18-2012 05:30 AM

Which Software you have installed, try the "new" 2.169, the 2.120 have more issue.

bilex 07-18-2012 05:44 AM

Mine is 2.116...

*sox* 07-18-2012 05:59 AM

try with the 2.169.......a new software installation can do many......

bilex 07-18-2012 06:02 AM

OK, thanks. I'll check if my dealer can do the update for me on Friday.
I'm not a tech kind of a guy so I'm a bit affraid to do this by my own...