Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Interior/Exterior/Visual (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/)
-   -   Weather Tech floor mats (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f176/weather-tech-floor-mats-27516.html)

FIORI1010 08-23-2011 01:45 PM

Weather Tech floor mats

Has anybody purchased the weathertech floor mats that are vehicle specific for the 2011 jeep gc? Any opinions and best place to purchase them? The weather tech website for frnt & sec rows the price was 179 plus shipping

Findirman 08-23-2011 02:18 PM

Re: Weather Tech floor mats

I have the weather tech extreme duty front row, second row and cargo liner and very pleased. They fit great and look good. Purchased them from AutoAnything.com. Price: All three 297.85 / free shipping.

mputnik 08-23-2011 02:26 PM

got the black set front and second row. I like em and use them during the winter.

robpp 08-23-2011 02:38 PM

there are many threads on them. i have them in my wk1 and they are TITS.

we have a vendor right here that sells them Free Shipping too

check him out. Xenon Depot. he has WeatherTech plus a few others like lloyds too.

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f60/

FIORI1010 08-23-2011 05:50 PM

Thanks for the replies guys. Going to get in touch with Xenondepot to order a set!

RageOfFury 08-23-2011 06:41 PM

I have the WeatherTech Digital Fit front liners and they rock! Highly recommended!

WK2 Rover 08-29-2011 11:15 AM

I got them for Christmas from my wife. They were great in the snow, and for our recent camping trip. Weather Tech is not inexpensive, but I put them in the front, rear, and cargo area. I use the carpeted floor mats when not expecting bad weather or on a trip.

XenonDepot 09-16-2011 12:52 PM

WeatherTech Liners ftw! I have these installed in my personal vehicle. I love them so much that I keep them installed all year =)

Steve

markp99 09-16-2011 03:17 PM

I have a set recently received.

I am not overly pleased with the fit. There's a buckle in the side of the mat, right near the gas pedal - thankfully just short of interfering with my foot or the pedal. There are a few other gaps around the edges on the front mats - I guess my expectations were a little high considering the advertised "digital fit". ??

Also, the mat arrived with the Weathertech adhesive-backed badge floating around in the box - with the paper instruction sheet STUCK to the adhesive. I could not remove the paper without leaving paper residue on the adhesive = NOT STICKY anymore.

I sent an email to WeatherTech with no acknowledgement or reply. :( Purchased from KBcarstuff.com.

I have added a small piece of Velcro to the buckled edge of the mat (hook-side out). This helps hold down the buckled material to the Jeep's carpet in this area. Works well enough, but adds a little to the effort needed to remove/replace when cleaning.

Other than these 2 gripes, I like the mats well enough.

Edited to add: The hole spacing on the driver-side mat did not match the detent hook spacing on the floor of my Jeep. Off by ~1/2 inch. I had to deform the material on the mat make a force fit. The material is soft enough to comply with this deformation without any noticeable buckling - just seemed an odd mismatch on an important dimensional factor.

FIORI1010 09-16-2011 04:08 PM

Thanks for all the replies guys i ended up ordering the oem slush mats from my dealer because i get 20% off parts from the dealer i bought my vehicle from it ended up coming to $65 couldnt go wrong. They fit and look great im very pleased with them. I will try to post pics this weekend but im working the graveyard shift so it might not be till monday

XenonDepot 09-19-2011 10:25 AM

markp99,

Please send me a PM with your order number so that I can look into this for you. I have never had a fitment issue with WT products so I would like to forward this to the appropriate person.

Steve

Deception 09-20-2011 09:58 PM

I understand that the quality of the Weather Tech mats are probably much better, but is there anything I should expect with the OEM's vs. WeatherTech?