Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   1st Chrysler Customer Service experience... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/1st-chrysler-customer-service-experience-27530.html)

rovinrail 08-23-2011 03:46 PM

1st Chrysler Customer Service experience...

And I didn't expect this....

There's a few minor things I've noted so far in my Jeep, all should be regular warranty issues (rubber molding warped by sunroof, back hatch has shifted, chrome coming off one of the doors after sitting in very hot weather-- nothing big).

So... My first experience with the place: "Great. This is going to be like 4 hours work, and Fiat is only going to give us 20 euro (around $30) for it"...

Classy. I've got a brand-new fully-loaded Overland, coming in for some minor warranty work, and they FIRST thing they tell me is a gripe about low reimbursement.

Wow. I didn't say anything, because they're the only one in the area, but first impressions are important, and that bothers me. Mercedes always raped my wallet, but they at least offered coffee and candy to make the deal a little sweeter...

Scottina06 08-23-2011 04:14 PM

Re: 1st Chrysler Customer Service experience...

thats an easy 30 minutes of work

jeep2011 08-23-2011 04:55 PM

Wow, that is crazy at least mine always just says I can't find anything wrong with it.

Richpearl 08-23-2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovinrail (Post 471542)
And I didn't expect this....

There's a few minor things I've noted so far in my Jeep, all should be regular warranty issues (rubber molding warped by sunroof, back hatch has shifted, chrome coming off one of the doors after sitting in very hot weather-- nothing big).

So... My first experience with the place: "Great. This is going to be like 4 hours work, and Fiat is only going to give us 20 euro (around $30) for it"...

Classy. ...

Right, extremely lame. But don't let it sour you on all Chrysler customer service: You may have just experienced one ornery a-hole having a bad day.

Rich

AAAA 08-23-2011 05:08 PM

Too bad. My dealer has been great.

Bmwister 08-23-2011 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AAAA (Post 471610)
Too bad. My dealer has been great.

Dittos here. Better than my Audi and Mercedes dealers in the western suburbs who feel they're doing you a favor by acknowledging your presence. I did some TSB flashes on my WK2 just to stay "up to date" and I observed the staff interact with other customers; first class people there.

Milous 08-24-2011 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rovinrail (Post 471542)
This is going to be like 4 hours work, and Fiat is only going to give us 20 euro (around $30) for it"...

If it truly were to take 4 hours for the warranty work, Chrysler would pay a lot more than $7.50/hour.

My first response would have been: "so how much profit did the dealership make when you sold me the vehicle?"

rovinrail 08-24-2011 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 471914)
If it truly were to take 4 hours for the warranty work, Chrysler would pay a lot more than $7.50/hour.

My first response would have been: "so how much profit did the dealership make when you sold me the vehicle?"

I'm overseas in Germany, we get our cars through military car sales, but all service through local dealerships, so they didn't get profits off a sale. However, they are the only local Chrysler folks, and advertise themselves to the Americans here as offering warranty work, etc. So it was a bit off-putting to have that be the reaction.

I have an appointment for 5 Sep for the fixes, we'll see how it goes!