Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Fold down the front passenger seat. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/fold-down-the-front-passenger-seat-27540.html)

wynnrs 08-23-2011 06:26 PM

Fold down the front passenger seat.

I've got the Laredo X with the electric front seats. Figured from the manuel that it folds down all the way in a manner like the back seats do. Does it? Can't figure out how. I'd really like to get it down to help move a kid's furniture. I'll be back for advice on U Haul trailers. I remember that it required skills I don't have to back up and its been 30 years since I had that awakening. Thanks.

RageOfFury 08-23-2011 06:39 PM

Re: Fold down the front passenger seat.

The front passenger seat only folds on the base Laredo.

wynnrs 08-23-2011 06:50 PM

What I thought, so any advice on the U Haul? I remember that backing up was hell. I've got to bring stuff from Boston to DC and there will be one night I can't unload.

RageOfFury 08-23-2011 07:17 PM

Use your mirrors and have someone outside the vehicle to guide you. Also, be careful with U-Haul trailers, I've seen some in pretty bad shape. Make sure the tires are in good shape, properly inflated, lights working, etc. Good luck! ;)

nek121328 08-23-2011 09:05 PM

Just remember that trailer has a short wheel base which turns quickly. When backing up turn the steering wheel in the opposite direction you want the trailer to go. Also put your hand at the bottom of the steering wheel for minimum effort.

hammer1234 08-23-2011 09:16 PM

Hand on the bottom of the wheel and turn in the direction you want the rear of the trailer to go...I think.

I've been towing a pop-up camper for a few seasons and I'm still trying to get used to it. Good luck.

jeep2011 08-23-2011 09:28 PM

The easiest way to back short trailers is to put your hand behind the passenger seat and turn around and look out the back window to see how to angle the trailer. Sounds like a spotter would be a good idea too.

markp99 08-23-2011 09:36 PM

This past weekend I pulled a uHaul trailer with no issue in and around Boston/Cambridge. Moving my son out of his apartment.

Trailer was one of those uBox thingies, essentially a 5 x 8 x 7 box with a door (like a POD). We filled it up, pulled it to a warehouse, they will store until December when sonny returns from Los Angeles.

No problems whatsoever. Trailer looked brand new!

Bmwister 08-23-2011 11:22 PM

The fold down passenger seat is one thing I really miss having and why I originally hunted for a non-X Laredo with the intent to upgrade the radio and add heated leather and all the other things I liked in the Limited. It hasn't been a show stopper but there have been a few times where I REALLY wanted that front seat folded flat.