Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Good modifications for a 3.7?? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/good-modifications-for-a-3-7-a-276.html)

Splathers 06-03-2009 01:42 PM

Good modifications for a 3.7??

Ok, so I have the puny little 3.7 baby engine. I just installed the Powerwire from Airram.com last week, and now I'm addicted to speed. I wish that I had the hemi or atleast a 4.7, but I don't and I'm stuck with this 3.7 so I want to try to maximize the power in my rig. I honestly do not know a whole lot about engines so I would like to hear everyone's input on the best performance modifications I could do. I'm not looking to spend thousands of dollars though, so keep it thrifty. CAI? Exhaust? Spark plugs? Jetchip? which ones? etc. Thanks.

White WK Swagga 06-03-2009 01:51 PM

Re: Good modifications for a 3.7??

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splathers (Post 4485)
Ok, so I have the puny little 3.7 baby engine. I just installed the Powerwire from Airram.com last week, and now I'm addicted to speed. I wish that I had the hemi or atleast a 4.7, but I don't and I'm stuck with this 3.7 so I want to try to maximize the power in my rig. I honestly do not know a whole lot about engines so I would like to hear everyone's input on the best performance modifications I could do. I'm not looking to spend thousands of dollars though, so keep it thrifty. CAI? Exhaust? Spark plugs? Jetchip? which ones? etc. Thanks.

^^^^Ditto. So far I've just done appearance mods. I'll soon start some performance mods. The srt wheels were a good start... :thumbsup:

B.P.O.D 06-03-2009 01:59 PM

im gonna go out on a limb guys and say i PERSONALLY dont think it's worth doing any performance mods on our jeeps

B.P.O.D 06-03-2009 02:00 PM

chris and kevin you guys should add (JG 3.7L Squad) to your sigs

Splathers 06-03-2009 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geevis (Post 4496)
Unfortunately there is not much to be done to the 3.7 besides and intake and exhaust, and there is not much if any power gained with those two mods. You can also have your computer tuned by B&G.

Next step would to add a turbo, but that would run you like 5 boxes of ziti.

Oh only 5 boxes of ziti....I can afford that....

What does having the computer tuned do? and how do you go about doing it?

B.P.O.D 06-03-2009 02:06 PM

nice chris!!!

kevin - i know fabian and chris have the cai's you can ask them how they like them

B.P.O.D 06-03-2009 02:11 PM

chris how much did the intake cost? did you also get an exhaust?

Splathers 06-03-2009 02:21 PM

I've heard that in order to maximize the full power of the intake you need to really open up the pipes which means getting a new exhaust/catback system. How much truth is behind that? Will it really make a difference?

Also, can someone explain to me what a Jetchip it and what it does. Thanks.

B.P.O.D 06-03-2009 02:25 PM

how much was the flowmaster 40 muffler?

B.P.O.D 06-03-2009 02:32 PM

so pretty much $400 for the k+n and the exhaust... performance wise would you say it was worth it?

White WK Swagga 06-03-2009 02:54 PM

Lets do it Irf...:thumbsup: LOL I wish I could just do an engine swap.

B.P.O.D 06-03-2009 02:56 PM

hehehe yeah im thinking about it:) i just have to see what happens this month. i might trade in the truck for a new one:)