Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   A Fond Farewell... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/a-fond-farewell-27631.html)

mhassler 08-25-2011 02:54 PM

A Fond Farewell...

I wanted to properly say goodbye to JG and the Wk2 forum as it has been the most beneficial forum Iíve ever been a member of.

Before purchasing my Jeep in November 2010 I was a frequent guest while researching the 2011 Grand Cherokee. Since joining Jeep Garage in January 2011 I have felt a strong connection and loyalty to the forum. The information sharing and level of kindness (for the most part) amongst members is better than I have experienced elsewhere.

And, to the site itself; the layout, interface and usability is all top notch - IMO. The site designers, administrators and moderators do an amazing job managing the content, format and styling of the website and are very receptive to the needs of the user. I wish other online forums were as well thought out as Jeep Garage. So, thanks to all that are working behind the JG scenes to make the site as great as it is.

As for the 2011 Grand Cherokee, what can I say; I am going to miss her. Were there problems, sure there were. I can certainly attest to having some unpleasant experiences, which by comparison to some of you were very mild. But, for some reason, the first year woes have become an acceptable norm and were not the reason for trading in my 2011 Grand Cherokee.

So, to the acquaintances and friends Iíve made these past 8-months I thank you for helping me and hopefully I have been helpful in return. Who knows, perhaps I will find myself behind the wheel of another Grand Cherokee (2015 SRT-8?) in the future which will prompt my return to the site.

Again, thanks to all.

Relwarc 08-25-2011 03:04 PM

Re: A Fond Farewell...

Sad to see ya go man, feel free to stop by any of our local meets anyway! we're always happy to welcome friends, jeep or no jeep!

moosehead 08-25-2011 03:33 PM

Cheers MHass! Thanks for leading the charge on the Mod Squad and the Bwoody protos. Enjoy the new ride. Figured you had something up your sleeve after seeing some sale goodies in the Classifieds forum.

Scottina06 08-25-2011 04:14 PM

Just becasue you dont have a Jeep doesnt mean you cant stay here as a member.....FYI

DaBigBone 08-25-2011 04:34 PM

Sucks you had to trade it in, but you should stick around either way!

Megatron 08-25-2011 05:31 PM

Stick around brother. Always welcome with open arms ;)

J13ntv 08-25-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mhassler (Post 472845)
I wanted to properly say goodbye to JG and the Wk2 forum as it has been the most beneficial forum I’ve ever been a member of.

Before purchasing my Jeep in November 2010 I was a frequent guest while researching the 2011 Grand Cherokee. Since joining Jeep Garage in January 2011 I have felt a strong connection and loyalty to the forum. The information sharing and level of kindness (for the most part) amongst members is better than I have experienced elsewhere.

And, to the site itself; the layout, interface and usability is all top notch - IMO. The site designers, administrators and moderators do an amazing job managing the content, format and styling of the website and are very receptive to the needs of the user. I wish other online forums were as well thought out as Jeep Garage. So, thanks to all that are working behind the JG scenes to make the site as great as it is.

As for the 2011 Grand Cherokee, what can I say; I am going to miss her. Were there problems, sure there were. I can certainly attest to having some unpleasant experiences, which by comparison to some of you were very mild. But, for some reason, the first year woes have become an acceptable norm and were not the reason for trading in my 2011 Grand Cherokee.

So, to the acquaintances and friends I’ve made these past 8-months I thank you for helping me and hopefully I have been helpful in return. Who knows, perhaps I will find myself behind the wheel of another Grand Cherokee (2015 SRT-8?) in the future which will prompt my return to the site.

Again, thanks to all.

Stick around! BTW did you go from an Overland to a C350 Sport, or did you already have the 08 C350? They are pretty comparable to the overland in price, used that is.. :lol: Nice car

Sad to see you go, you've been around for a while!

SRTgirl 08-25-2011 11:15 PM

Aww, don't just leave! We let people with prius's and mazda's stick around, you sure can! LOL! Sorry to see the Jeep go.

08Hemi 02-24-2012 11:36 AM

Just saw this thread...you and Moose lead the charge on mods! the wk2 guys def should thank you :)

hope all is well...and maybe both of us will have a 201X wk2 SRT8 in a couple years haha

J13ntv 02-24-2012 11:51 AM

^^ He still lurks. Nothing like being half a year behind huh? :lol:

mhassler 02-24-2012 12:04 PM

I do lurk when I have free time at work. But it hurts to lurk as I badly miss my WK2. Driving by the dealership everyday and seeing many WK2s, including a Black SRT8, is painful enough.

moosehead 02-24-2012 12:04 PM

I predict Mhass will be back in the fold.