Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Plasti dip and detailing question! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/plasti-dip-and-detailing-question-27640.html)

qbny94 08-25-2011 05:40 PM

Plasti dip and detailing question!

Hey guys, i made an appointment to get my Jeep WJ detailed next week. I plasti dipped my rims and grille and wanted to know if i should tell the detailers not to touch my rims and grille. I suspect they will use a power washer on the wheels and run it through a car wash.. Will this ruin or take off my plasti dip?

JETLIFE 08-25-2011 05:46 PM

Re: Plasti dip and detailing question!

You can power wash Plasti-dip. I do. When it dries tell them to treat it like any textured black plastic, spray/wipe them with any vinyl/rubber dressing and they'll look mint!

qbny94 08-25-2011 05:48 PM

thanks! i'm just nervous that i will go to pick up my car and my plasti dip will be all chipped and messed up! Also, if i get new tires do i have to remove the plasti dip and than re-do it when i get new tires installed?

DGoral31 08-25-2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbny94 (Post 472951)
thanks! i'm just nervous that i will go to pick up my car and my plasti dip will be all chipped and messed up! Also, if i get new tires do i have to remove the plasti dip and than re-do it when i get new tires installed?

i just plasti dipped my rims too man and im worried about the same thing as you are ... first car wash is gonna be stressful!! :o

JETLIFE 08-25-2011 06:00 PM

Dont worry guys, It's STRONG!

qbny94 08-25-2011 08:25 PM

thanks for the vid! and yeah i'm kicking myself that i should of waited until after the detailing lol i hope all goes well

bematare 08-25-2011 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qbny94 (Post 472951)

You, yourself don't have to remove any of it, but they will have to remove some of it, depending on how, and what you sprayed. If you took off your wheels and just sprayed them, you'll be fine. If you did it like me and just rambo sprayed they'll have to take some of it off, but you can just shoot another coat or two overnight..

Best of luck on the detailing, and lets see some pics!

TJXJWJ 08-26-2011 07:32 AM

If they are "detailers" and they are running your Jeep through a carwash, I'd be a little concerned about the quality of the place.

I don't have anything dipped on my ride...if anything I might be concerned if they try running a buffer over it.