Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   air suspension height (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/air-suspension-height-27677.html)

RECDOG 08-26-2011 10:42 AM

air suspension height

Hi all
Does the air susp on the overland sit higher up than the susp on limited?

RECDOG 08-26-2011 01:31 PM

Re: air suspension height

? anyone

guess not lol

Scottina06 08-26-2011 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RECDOG (Post 473362)
Hi all
Does the air susp on the overland sit higher up than the susp on limited?

Yes

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

mjw930 08-26-2011 04:53 PM

I'm not sure what you mean by higher up since it can be made to go quite high in ORIi. In auto the overland sits about the same as a steel sprung WK2 with a bit less rake (the rear is about an inch lower at normal height. That makes an air spring overland look lower than a normal limited.

Curly 08-28-2011 12:39 PM

I wish I could get my Overlands air suspension to ride at Park (entry/exit) height and stiffen up enough to prevent any clearance issues when hitting bumps at speed. The new SRT will ride 1" lower so this shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

starscream 08-29-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curly (Post 474389)
I wish I could get my Overlands air suspension to ride at Park (entry/exit) height and stiffen up enough to prevent any clearance issues when hitting bumps at speed. The new SRT will ride 1" lower so this shouldn't be out of the realm of possibility.

But the new SRT doesn't have air suspension, just springs, right?

Technosavant 08-29-2011 11:47 AM

Quote:

It would be an extremely firm ride since you'd not have much suspension travel available. Is it possible? Maybe, if you got your hands on some of the dealer computer systems. Is it advisable or desirable? Much less than you'd think.

Ron98GT 08-29-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

I believe Sport mode/height is at park entry/exit height. It is also stiffer. Unfortunately, you will feel bumps more, since it is stiffer.

Andrew Klossner 08-29-2011 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron98GT (Post 475063)
I believe Sport mode/height is at park entry/exit height.

Aero mode (selected by Sport terrain) is 0.5 inches lower than normal. Park mode is 1.5 inches lower than normal. Off-road 1 and 2 are 1.3 and 2.6 inches higher than normal, respectively. See pages 362-364 of the owner's manual.

Curly 08-31-2011 04:45 AM

Well Jeep could have made Sport mode drop an inch and tuned the spring rate to something close to what will be in the SRT. After all, it is called "Sport" mode. I would like a firmer ride and IMHO even sport mode rides too soft. Guess my only option will be to get the SRT when available. BTW, I didn't mean to hijack this thread, sorry.

felipito 10-19-2011 10:35 AM

Why is it that the back part of the Limited with Springs is higher than the back part of a Overland with Air Suspension?

Sparro 10-19-2011 11:58 AM

^^^ read post number 4 in this thread my friend.