Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   HELP - Crazy thing just happened on the freeway!!! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/help-crazy-thing-just-happened-on-the-freeway-2769.html)

08Hemi 09-18-2009 11:05 PM

HELP - Crazy thing just happened on the freeway!!!

OK I just had a very crazy and scary thing happen on the freeway. I was going b/t 65-70mph, very minimal throttle, just cruising. Then with no warning my car shut off! WTF????????:slapfight:

JEEP shutting off on freeway = FTMFL

So my stereo stayed on, but the dash went dark, and I had no power steering. Luckily I was able to get over to the shoulder and put it in park. I opened the hood, everything was normal. I had no check engine lights or warning notifications, so I started my JEEP back up...went and got pizza and did not have any other problems (drove 25 miles and two re-starts after the incident).

Anyone had this happen to them??? I think 08HEMIJEEP has had similar issues, but to date I do not think they have fixed or even determine what the problem is. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!

jeeppro 09-18-2009 11:06 PM

Re: HELP - Crazy thing just happened on the freeway!!!

check your battery cables

Robert Palmer 09-18-2009 11:06 PM

Hit your knee on the key? If not, maybe it is a bad Camshaft Sensor.

HEMIBeast 09-18-2009 11:09 PM

Or a Ground. That is odd bro. Must of scared the ish out of you. That happens everyday with my daily driver honda but im use to it now. Different though...

chefalan23 09-18-2009 11:25 PM

damn these things have some crazy electrical problems

Dylans3960ccs 09-18-2009 11:26 PM

^^ isn't chrysler amazying :D

08Hemi 09-18-2009 11:36 PM

I do not think i hit my knee on the key, but I guess I COULD have....although I am pretty sure I was not making any kind of movement by the key

All cables are in order, I have not done anything to the elec system since my stereo install over a month ago. Weird thing was, the stereo stayed on. So it was like when you shut your car off when you park and turn off the car (stereo stays on till you open the door), so i guess the more I talk about it maybe I did hit my knee on the key! BUT I had read about other people doing this and based on the position of my seat, it would be very hard to hit it with my knee. AND I just went out to the car and tried to turn it off with my knee and I couldn't do it...and i have never done it in the 10 months I have owned it

I hope I just shut it off on accident, but if not everyone be aware this could happen, and hopefully you will be a little more prepared...I know I am now!!

Dylans3960ccs 09-18-2009 11:39 PM

Mabey your jeep is bannishing you to the slow lane . . . :lol:

Robert Palmer 09-18-2009 11:48 PM

Dylan he is looking for serious help, not your senseless remarks. This is a serious problem that can get somebody killed.

08Hemi 09-18-2009 11:49 PM

I can't find that code or description in the manual. Do you think this a serious problem with my JEEP? What does it like more about the slow lane vs fast lane??

HAHA

Yeah Dylan I appreciate your humor but I need some serious time here

Dylans3960ccs 09-18-2009 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 63636)
Dylan he is looking for serious help, not your senseless remarks. This is a serious problem that can get somebody killed.

life's too short to be a drama queen. :)

Robert Palmer 09-18-2009 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dylans3960ccs (Post 63642)
life's too short to be a drama queen. :)

Yeah but remarks like that get old after a while.