Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Troubleshooting/Problems (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/)
-   -   Final Drive Control Module ??? do I need this? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f181/final-drive-control-module-do-i-need-this-27695.html)

desireefrick 08-26-2011 07:39 PM

Final Drive Control Module ??? do I need this?

So first My Jeep displays a "Service 4WD system" Alert. I get checked at Midas, they say I have to take to Jeep dealership. I take to Jeep Dealership and they tell me its the Final Drive COntrol Module needs to be replace and quote me $390 to order the part.
My question is is this necessary part to have?
From what I have gathered from this site it is located unearth the rear driver passenger sear and its a commuter type of system that helps with my 4WD. It seems very straight forward but I am wondering how necessary it is. The exact verbiage from the dealer is " Final Drive Control Module had internal failure, found code C141D (rear Diff circuit low)". So they want me to replace the whole thing fine?

Can this nay happen at a Jeep Dealership? I haven't been able to find place where I can order this online and compare price. I even called the dealership and asked for a part number and they wont give one to me? So It seems like the only way I can get this fixed is at the dallier? I am hoping to spend less than the 450 set they quoted me to fix this issue. Please help what can I do if anything. ??

Crestwood1001 08-26-2011 09:58 PM

Re: Final Drive Control Module ??? do I need this?

Not to be that guy man, but you obviously need it if its popped an error code. Call another dealer, explain the part and ask for the part number, or look up the part number on here, if you look in the stickies at the top of the WK section there is a link to the parts manual.

kmitch80 09-24-2011 04:41 PM

If you need and FDCM... I HAVE ONE!!! way cheaper than the dealer!!

robpp 09-24-2011 04:45 PM

it MAY vary by VIN and thats why you cant find a part number ; so be SURE before buying a used one.

there are 3 or 4 different final drive configurationsa and MAYBE there are dff modules; just saying.

2005JGC 09-24-2011 05:27 PM

Having not looked at the car I would never say that diagnosis is wrong, typically a "low" code will be a short to ground, as an open or short to power the computer would see "high" voltage... this could be an internal concern, I just hope the circuit was tested.

...As I suspected, the only starcase that shows up for the code suggests to inspect wiring.

cacarnahan 09-19-2013 01:17 PM

Feel luck at $390. They quoted me $500.00. ( A dealer). I am getting a second opinion.
C

kmitch80 09-19-2013 11:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is what I have available. See if it will match up for any of you guys. Brand new never used.

Attachment 29219

teren 05-18-2014 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kmitch80 (Post 489614)
If you need and FDCM... I HAVE ONE!!! way cheaper than the dealer!!

Will yours work for a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4WD that has the Quadra Drive II Mercedes-Benz tranny. If so definitely interested as after the flashed it for the recall, now it keep locking it in current gear at various times preventing shifting. What to replace with non-reflashed part. Please let me know teren1956@gmail.com