Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   DriveSRT comment......Guess we'll see what happens (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/drivesrt-comment-guess-well-see-what-happens-27720.html)

hound 08-27-2011 12:49 PM

DriveSRT comment......Guess we'll see what happens

Not sure how many follow the DriveSRT page on FB, but they posted something interesting 15 minutes ago.

Here was their original post:
DriveSRT
Claiming to be a "car company who cares" sounds cliché; backing up your claim with actual deeds, now that's something else.

And here were the responses of interest:

So.....not really sure what this means or it is just smoke. Perhaps the flood of cancellations has finally caught someones attention at HQ.

Scottina06 08-27-2011 01:39 PM

Drivesrt, chryco, srt and jeep have reps here and they hear our concerns. We should have some answers soon.....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

BOYCHIKS 08-27-2011 01:45 PM

Re: DriveSRT comment......Guess we'll see what happens

Always something up their sleeves...

Schleprock 08-27-2011 02:09 PM

They are well aware of our anger over pricing for over a month. We got our answer in the form of them moving forward with the price.....and then even INCREASING IT AGAIN by making OPTIONAL equipment mandatory.

Right now they need to focus on two things to make the best of this scenario
1.) Give dealers/those who ordered some official, formal way to ensure we get our "price protection" on the original high price. Right now my dealer sees nothing about it.
2.) OFFER AFFILIATE PRICING!! This will take away the sting a bit and Chrsyler and dealers will still make a healthy profit.

Of course, anyone at Chrysler/Jeep/SRT that would like to speak to me about assistance with this can message me at any time ;) ;)

Roadmaster45 08-27-2011 02:55 PM

Hello to all members
Everyone should just sit tight and maybe price will be down to normal level. When the Shelby GT500 came out a few years ago some dealers were getting about 25Gs more than sticker, that didnt last tolong.

mlarco52 08-27-2011 03:26 PM

The price increase they are talking about is the STICKER price, and not the marked up price or anything above the msrp sticker. You won't be seeing any rebates on these things for a while.

Milous 08-27-2011 04:10 PM

They are going to offer.... for current owners only... not one but TWO full tanks of Premium gas with every new purchase of a 2012 Jeep SRT8.

MikeH 08-27-2011 04:15 PM

But still comes with the special edition Vaseline SRT lube, right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 474064)
They are going to offer.... for current owners only... not one but TWO full tanks of Premium gas with every new purchase of a 2012 Jeep SRT8.

Schleprock 08-27-2011 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 474064)

I hope for Chrysler that statement is Milous sarcasm at its finest.

nosmoke 08-27-2011 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 474066)
I hope for Chrysler that statement is Milous sarcasm at its finest.

It is, of course.

Milous 08-27-2011 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeH (Post 474065)
But still comes with the special edition Vaseline SRT lube, right?

Yes, but due to price increase of petro-based products dealers will only be giving out 3 jars instead of 6.

Schleprock 08-27-2011 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milous (Post 474071)
Yes, but due to price increase of petro-based products dealers will only be giving out 3 jars instead of 6.

in that case, maybe they can save more $ (increasing profits more) and should just switch to the special edition Preparation H SRT cream