Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Whys this place so empty...... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/whys-this-place-so-empty-27736.html)

Crestwood1001 08-27-2011 09:55 PM

Whys this place so empty......

It seems very quiet here today, im gonna say everyone from the east coast is preparing for the hurricane? I dont think iv seen it so deserted in a long time...:sleepy:

JeepCoop 08-27-2011 09:56 PM

Maybe it's not them...?! haha jk brother I'm sure it's irene. ;)

Scottina06 08-27-2011 10:03 PM

Re: Whys this place so empty......

yep...Irene. One of our SRt brothers is reporting that 200K in DC are without power....for example.

H2rescue 08-27-2011 10:17 PM

Yep my brother lives n the 757(va. beach). His gym lost power. Lots of trees down n flooding. Stay safe east coasters.

Lucas J 08-27-2011 10:28 PM

I am in mass waiting for the worst tomorrow. Spent the day raising all the crap in the basement, stocking up on food and water etc... Just a little rain thus far. Reports now make it seem like it's not going to be as bad as it appeared, we shall see.

Crestwood1001 08-27-2011 10:29 PM

Well im on a mandatory response list for fire calls, just packed my bag with dry clothes and socks. Gotta report to station for 9am and man the station till further notice, gonna be a longgggg day.

FlyinRyan 08-27-2011 10:42 PM

I was spared by the storm in FL....Had there not been a stalled front to push it north it would have hit Vero Beach directly as a Cat 3 storm.

It instead is going over my family's house on the Jersey Shore...We are not expecting it to last through the storm. Family took out everything except for furniture and dishes. At 7pm high tide the tide was reaching the protective sand dunes at the top of the beach...Which are normally about 1/8" of a mile away.

The dunes and 250 yards of downhill gravel are all that separates the house and the ocean...If the storm surge makes past the dunes, along with flooding surely to happen from the intense rainfall...the house will almost certainly be a total loss.

In 1993, there was such an intense flood that the Barnegat Bay and ocean collided.

Crestwood1001 08-27-2011 10:54 PM

Well good luck man, it seems like alot of the east coast is gonna get rocked by this thing, my mom and sister were told to leave their house because it literally kisses the water in Mystic CT

FlyinRyan 08-27-2011 11:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 474185)
Well good luck man, it seems like alot of the east coast is gonna get rocked by this thing, my mom and sister were told to leave their house because it literally kisses the water in Mystic CT

The entire barrier island was evac'd days ago, bridges closed 8 am yesterday for anyone going eastbound.

Unfortunately I cant really see much on the camera feed Ive been referencing...will have to wait till sunup to see what the waves are doing.

Chaoul1 08-28-2011 08:45 AM

It's Cloudy/Sunny where I am. It's now 9:44AM.

The Hurricane only blew leaves off the trees here.

How's everyone else doing?

DAVY27 08-28-2011 08:48 AM

checking in from Queens,NY and it doesnt seem too bad. Still some strong wind but the rain have stopped. Rare that im on sunday since its my work day but i got a day off :D

cpopp0101 08-28-2011 08:59 AM

reporting from mass, raining and little gusts of wind, not too bad so far, looked the weather up for this coming week, all sunny in high 70's, u guys know what that means, full detail tomorrow lol