Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Predator vs SuperChips Driveability (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/predator-vs-superchips-driveability-27746.html)

SupWiz17 08-28-2011 11:39 AM

Predator vs SuperChips Driveability

Im looking to smooth out my 2005 limited gc hemi. I feel pretty comfortable with the vehicle now and think that some basic maintenance will help me alot with the common problems people seem to have throttle lag, soft shifting, and I think that sometimes I get a slight shutter or surge that many complain about. Mine is definitely not as violent as some people say theres is.

Anyways after doing alot of reading on this site about the two tuners, superchips and the predator, it sounds to me like that might really help with what Im looking to achieve. I hear that the superchips has alot of transmission adjustments but honestly I dont know how well I could tune my trans myself, and I know that predator can download custom tunes which I would feel much more comfortable with because Im willing to not gain as much power and safely know that I dont have any knock but could a custom tuner work with my transmission with the predator?

I know lots of guys say that the tuners really make a night and day difference with power and driveability with their Jeep but which one do you guys feel would be the best for someone looking for a smooth ride with a little extra power :D. BTW I have no issue using quality 93 octane fuel if that is going to make a difference.

Thanks!

Crestwood1001 08-28-2011 11:43 AM

Re: Predator vs SuperChips Driveability

Since you have the 5.7 id go with the diablo predator. It lets you see gauges of real time stats, and lets you upload custom tunes. The superchips is a very good tuner but they are all canned tunes, meaning you can not upload custom tunes. The superchips is best for us 4.7 guys cause we cant use the diablo :(

SupWiz17 08-28-2011 12:30 PM

I didnt know that the predator lets you see real time stats like that. That would be really nice. It sounds like the custom tune is the way to go. The prices for it dont sound bad either. I know a few guys here will do them through email and you just have to make a donation (I would be more then willing to make a nice donation for a a nice tune though). I guess before I get the custom tune I could do something like run a 91 octane canned tune and put in 93 octane just to be safe.

ChrisWk 08-28-2011 12:48 PM

I have all that throttle lag crap I heard the programers do not help that much I am hoping that a factory flash of the transmission helps.

SupWiz17 08-28-2011 01:29 PM

Are you talking about the TSB flash that is supposed to fix the issues around 30 to 45 mphs? I have been wanting to get that too since my dealer will only charge me 56 dollars but they are always booked solid whenever Im free to get it done. It would sure be alot cheaper then a 300 dollar tuner

Crestwood1001 08-28-2011 02:33 PM

There is only one guy id get a tune from!

4.whoa 08-28-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChrisWk (Post 474391)
I have all that throttle lag crap I heard the programers do not help that much I am hoping that a factory flash of the transmission helps.

I only just got a predator and with the 91 tune and a 5% (or more) "throttle boost"the hesitation is not noticable on the street any more.

SupWiz17 08-28-2011 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crestwood1001 (Post 474430)
There is only one guy id get a tune from!

Are you talking about that guy Johan that works for diablosports?

SupWiz17 08-28-2011 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.whoa (Post 474471)
I only just got a predator and with the 91 tune and a 5% (or more) "throttle boost"the hesitation is not noticable on the street any more.

Nice! thats exactly what I am looking to hear. What exactly is "throttle boost" and what benefit would there be of turning it up higher?

4.whoa 08-28-2011 03:41 PM

Its an option you can adjust.
I think it just boosts the signal from the pedal like you push it 10% & it reads 15, but dont quote me on that :)

Crestwood1001 08-28-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupWiz17 (Post 474477)
Are you talking about that guy Johan that works for diablosports?

Yup, the guys awesome. Just tell him what your looking for from your tune and send him a donation via paypal (normally 100-700$) and within about 24 hours he will get you your tune. I have heard nothing but AMAZING results from his work.

JeepCoop 08-28-2011 06:50 PM

I have Johans CMR tune for the predator and it blew my pants off. Still can't find em!! Lol