Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Congrats JeepGarage and its members! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/congrats-jeepgarage-and-its-members-27791.html)

Scottina06 08-29-2011 12:25 PM

Congrats JeepGarage and its members!

We voiced our concerns and the SRT group "HEARD"! This goes to show you the power of the JeepGarage family! :thumbsup: We arent the oldest, largest or most connected forums...but they heard and respected what we had to say! Lets be respectful during the chat and show them what our family is all about!

Lankness 08-29-2011 01:07 PM

Re: Congrats JeepGarage and its members!

Good job helping pull this together Scott. I've been watching this space (lurking) for quite awhile - it will be really interesting to see how the conversations go.

soontobesrt 08-30-2011 10:50 AM

Nice! Excited for this chat, any date/time yet or TBA?

QuickOne 08-30-2011 08:49 PM

Soontobe...
Thursday night. 6pm. Engineers chat session thread there will a link to posted.

tugboatchad 08-31-2011 02:41 AM

I thought this is a JG exclusive? I just saw on several other forum boards the same link posted. However, I do think that it will be good to get that many more people involved. The draw back I see now is that it appears to be a SRT wide discussion, not just a Jeep platform discussion. I wonder if SRT has done this to take some focus/heat away from the Jeep discussion?

Scottina06 08-31-2011 03:34 AM

Yes...it looks like now other forums are picking it up. I guess they decided to go mainstream with this and discuss all SRT platforms. Its ok though...they have acknowledged to me that it was the voice of JeepGarage and its members that got this rolling down hill. My email went straight to the top and Ralph and the boys heard it loud and clear. JeepGarage really appeals to the SRt group due to its grassroots beginnings....by enthusiasts for enthusiasts. They see a forum funded by its members and not by google ads and annoying pop ups. Its not about the almighty dollar here and that is a good thing. Honestly...with our monthly page view stats etc. JeepGarage could make a ton of money...but thats not what we are about. JeepGarage is owned by Jeep guys...not some huge corporation where the bottom line is the most important. SRT/Jeep and ChryCo like that.

Schleprock 08-31-2011 08:24 AM

but the problem now is that with all of the other participants involved there is that extra added concern of muddy waters. I think we know that the group here could keep a cordial, well-flowing conversation going with Ralph/SRT Engineers. We can't say that now. Knowing how the internet works, I could see this turning into a ton of people (including many dolts) slamming an overabundance of questions at them, there being no way to get to them, and the interpersonal nature of getting our questions answered diminished.

MikeH 08-31-2011 09:03 AM

Would it be stupid to block new registrations until after the event?

mlarco52 08-31-2011 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeH (Post 476160)
Would it be stupid to block new registrations until after the event?

Weird I just posted a message looks like it didn't go through or has been deleted, LMAO.

Well like I said I agree with MikeH that we should block registration or at the least make it to members with less than 100 posts, and needing to be registered for more than 2 weeks can only post.

BostonDMD 08-31-2011 12:13 PM

Guys, if you read message #6 by Scott it clearly states that "they decided to go mainstream with this and discuss all SRT platforms" which to me means they opened it up to all SRT forums on the internet, yes even the red site. Therefore, blocking registration here won't really make any difference.......

Scott, if I have misunderstood your post please correct me......

MikeH 08-31-2011 12:33 PM

Ah, I thought this was going to be a "Jeep Garage" event.

mlarco52 08-31-2011 01:22 PM

JeepGarage got the ball rolling and got this event organized and put into action yes, however, they have made it public knowledge that it is a event covering the SRT brand and as so the other forums have also posted it on their site.

It has been (or will be) acknowledged that we at JeepGarage got it together and are given appropriate recognition for it.