Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   Performance & Lift (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/performance-and-lift-27849.html)

livingrock21 08-30-2011 12:01 PM

Performance & Lift

I have an '05 WK Hemi. I'm looking at getting the 4" super lift, which I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with. I was also looking at Rusty's lift, which says it uses superlifts technology.. Are there any benefits to Rusty's?? Which one would you go with, and are there any other lifts I should be looking at besides these? Also, if you could point me in the right direction on the cheapest place to pick one of these lifts up, it'd greatly be appreciated. I'm also looking to get the EGR module since my WK has ESP.. Some vendors say the EGR module is included, some dont so the price can be misleading. Anyhelp on any of this would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also looking to get a tuner for my vehicle. I'm looking at the diablo sport, and the superchip. I'm not sure which one would be better? I'm not even sure if I'm going to be able to use one since I'm going to be getting the EGR module?? Which was another question I had. I offroad about once a week, and tow about once a month. Which of these tuners would be for me? I see they both have tire calibration options, but wouldn't need that with the EGR module.

Any and all help is much appreciated!

05wkguy 08-30-2011 09:45 PM

Re: Performance & Lift

If you are looking for more than a couple inches of lift,the Superlift is the way to go. The Rusty's kit does give you another .5" of lift apparently, but at that height it's impossible to see. Both are reputable companies.

I had/have a hybrid lift with about 3.5" and found my stability control does kick in much more than before,not terribly intrusive but some have reported almost undrivable conditions after doing a big lift and no egr module. I'd say you NEED it,just to be safe,as a programmer will fix the speedo but not the stability control issues.

The programmers will work on top of the module,and due to the lost performance from the bigger tires,are a great idea to gain it back. As for which to go with,well,potato-potahto.

livingrock21 08-31-2011 03:34 PM

Thanks for the quick reply 05wkguy!

Anyone else have any opinions? Thanks in advance.

H2rescue 08-31-2011 04:03 PM

I have the OME lift. Lot less labor intensive than the superlift is as far as installation goes. I love my OME but am having some ESP issues currently. Ride is great though. Don't have the EGR or Flashpaq, but curious to know if the EGR will work with my OME lift to help cure my ESP issues. They say its only designed for the superlift. The OME lift was less than half the cost of the superlift, but I ordered mine from jeepinbyals.com along with his UCA's.

JeepCoop 08-31-2011 04:08 PM

ESP I thought is due to the pinch weld behind the front tires. I get it from time to time w a 2.5" RC lift.

I'd say go w the Superlift! You can't go wrong and its a really really good system! If money isn't an option for you, I'd even get shocks from JBA. (jeepinbyal)

www.jeepinbyal.com Check out his upper control arms and shocks for the WKs!

H2rescue 08-31-2011 07:42 PM

[QUOTE=JeepCoop;476409]ESP I thought is due to the pinch weld behind the front tires. I get it from time to time w a 2.5" RC lift.

How would the pinch weld being folded affect the ESP?

JeepCoop 08-31-2011 07:45 PM

I meant when the pinch weld is not folded. When my tires rub agains it (either turning at full lock, or bumps from off roading) it makes go on briefly.

H2rescue 08-31-2011 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 476531)
I meant when the pinch weld is not folded. When my tires rub agains it (either turning at full lock, or bumps from off roading) it makes go on briefly.

Oh Ok. I have done the pinch weld and have no rubbing issues at all but am still getting intermittent ESP issues. Almost makes me wanna go back to stock. As it's an almost daily occurrence now.

JeepCoop 08-31-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2rescue (Post 476652)
Oh Ok. I have done the pinch weld and have no rubbing issues at all but am still getting intermittent ESP issues. Almost makes me wanna go back to stock. As it's an almost daily occurrence now.

Damn that blows! Wonder why. Faulty something! You try turning off ESP completely for a lil while?

H2rescue 09-01-2011 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 476661)
Damn that blows! Wonder why. Faulty something! You try turning off ESP completely for a lil while?

No I haven't. I have the ESP, ABS, BAS, and service 4wd system all coming and going intermittently. Only thing I can think is maybe a sensor. I havnt had time to take it to a dealer for a scan. Used a junky scanner from o'reillys, but nothing showed up.

JeepCoop 09-01-2011 03:53 PM

Oh dang. Are you throwing codes? Do you know how to turn ESP off "completely"?

H2rescue 09-01-2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 477128)
Oh dang. Are you throwing codes? Do you know how to turn ESP off "completely"?

No codes thrown with the junky o'reillys scanner, they said it was capable of scanning ABS codes but nothing showed up. No I don't know how to turn it off.