Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Limited with luxury vs Overland (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/limited-with-luxury-vs-overland-27854.html)

flashy09 08-30-2011 02:05 PM

Limited with luxury vs Overland

What am I missing getting a Limited with Luxury package vs the Overland? I can't figure it out. It's 1000k cheaper when I price both out. Thanks!

jgc4ever 08-30-2011 02:35 PM

Re: Limited with luxury vs Overland

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy09 (Post 475692)
What am I missing getting a Limited with Luxury package vs the Overland? I can't figure it out. It's 1000k cheaper when I price both out. Thanks!

Quadra Lift (on 4x4s)
REAL Wood Trim
Leather Dash
On 2012's standard 730N Nav is included on Overlands (option on Limiteds) - Limiteds do come standard with 430N Garmin Nav.
Overland V8s come standard with Trailer Tow Group IV (option on Limited V8s).
Overland has 20" painted wheels standard, (option on Limited).

Technosavant 08-30-2011 03:07 PM

The Overland front seats are also slightly different; the Overland logo is stitched into the back and the piping has contrast (light gray piping with black leather, for example). Not to mention the wood on the steering wheel.

I don't know if the Overland V6s still come with Trailer Tow Group III, they used to (option on anything lower). For a while it was even an option on the Overland, but it became standard, and it may have become an option again. It's hard to keep track.

moosehead 08-30-2011 03:10 PM

Is QDII included in your Limited Lux?

olamaca 08-30-2011 03:11 PM

What you said above plus I believe the Saddle/Black interior is available only in Overland. You can get it as an upgrade and so on but by the time you add it on you might as well buy the Overland. Personally, if you are going to pay for your Jeep in cash (out of bank account directly) then I can see why you would want the Limited. But, if you are financing the car (which most people do), the extra $x dollars per month depending on your terms and rate, it makes so much sense to get the Overland. Unless of course, you're not a big fan of the 20" wheels. Then again, I think the JGC looks hotter with 20s on.

flashy09 08-30-2011 03:14 PM

I would get the tow package as an option. What color piping do the light (beige? Not sure of name) seats come with in the overland? Is the leather dash black?

Jeremy1983 08-30-2011 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flashy09 (Post 475728)
I would get the tow package as an option. What color piping do the light (beige? Not sure of name) seats come with in the overland? Is the leather dash black?

Only the Overland's have edge piping on the seats. The beige seats come with black piping and a dark grey dash. Here's some great pics of the beige, although I didn't like the beige in person:

http://www.jeepgarage.org/f110/some-photos-charcoal-overland-14526.html

ColdCase 08-30-2011 03:32 PM

Functionally

If you are interested in the limited slip rear, you can only get that on the overland V8 either as part of the off road package or Summit package.

You only can get Quadra Lift on the overland

Ron98GT 08-30-2011 03:39 PM

The Overland has a different grill.

The front lower air-foil (?) is removable.

The Quadra-Lift alone is worth the extra $1K.

Eurosport 08-30-2011 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 475724)
Is QDII included in your Limited Lux?

only with off road package...

ColdCase 08-30-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurosport (Post 475753)
only with off road package...

Right now you can't get QD in a Limited (QD is the limited slip rear with a QTII case). I think you can get the QTII transfer case on just about any model, however.

lll2for3lll 08-30-2011 06:34 PM

How much did you guys pay for your Overland WK2's?