Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

SRT Bilsteins or WK Bilsteins??

6K views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  Crestwood1001 
#1 · (Edited)
So I think I wanna swap in some SRT springs and a new set of Bilsteins. I have done some research, but am still up in the air on whether I should do the SRT Bilsteins or just the "WK" Bilsteins.

It seems like most guys that get the SRT springs go with the WK Bilsteins. Not sure if its because they are cheaper, or because they have better characteristics that the SRT versions.

This is my daily driver, and I drive about 30K a year for work. I am looking to stiffen up the ride, but not so much that it will be annoying on long drives. Are the SRT Bilsteins noticebly different in handling characteristics versus the WK's? Or is the difference simply that they wont raise my ride 3/8" like the WK's do?

Speaking of ride height, does anyone know the average drop front and rear for the SRT springs / WK Bilstein combo versus the SRT springs / SRT Bilstein combo?

Help!

#2 · (Edited)
I have the wk Bilstein's with the SRT Eibach springs (summer setup is diff than in sig picture). I have found that i do get some wheel bounce with the 20's. Much better than stock but still, if money isn't tight go the SRT Bilstein route, they are valved differently than the wk Bilsteins.

#3 ·
I have the wk Bilstein's with the SRT springs (summer setup is diff than in sig picture). I have found that i do get some wheel bounce with the 20's. Much better than stock but still, if money isn't tight go the SRT Bilstein route, they are valved differently than the wk Bilsteins.
just the kind of input I was looking for, I appreciate the response

#4 ·
WK Bilsteins will Raise you 3/8" BUT you can install the SRT Springs which will give you about a 1" Drop.

OR you can get SRT Struts/Shocks with SRT Springs and you'll get certainly about 1-1 1/2" Drop. Maybe slightly lower. I just bought SRT Rear Shocks. I'm looking to buy SRT Front Struts now since I want to be a low and SRT Bilsteins ROCK with Handling!

SRT Bilsteins will give you the most out of them. But the Regular WK Bilsteins will be a very good improvement from stock, but not as well as the SRT Bilsteins.

#5 ·
if you want a stock feel...but a hair better...get the wk bilsteins. If you want to slam the jeep later or want much better handling/raod manners and a shock built for the wk platform...get the SRT Bilsteins.

#6 ·
Sounds like SRT bilsteins are the way to go. My primary reason for doing this is to improve handling and road manners, so might as well go with what was made for the SRT8!

Don't want to be slammed at all, but an inch to inch and a half would be perfect. Do I need anything more besides the springs and struts/shocks to do the swap? Also is justforjeeps the best place to buy these new?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

#8 ·
you just need the shocks/struts...nothing else

justforjeeps a great option. Call and talk to Peter and tell him i sent you!

#10 ·
you just need the shocks/struts...nothing else

justforjeeps a great option. Call and talk to Peter and tell him i sent you!
perfect, thanks Scott!

There's such a price difference for just an inch and a half drop though!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
if I am looking at the right parts, its about a $300 difference between the WKs and the SRTs. For me, in the long run, that is well worth it to have the better handling that comes with the SRT version. there isnt much difference in ride height between the two anyway.

#9 ·
There's such a price difference for just an inch and a half drop though!

#11 ·
I guess so, im just in a different group cause as long as mine rides good I dont need extreme handling, i dont corner two hard in a massive jeep lol

#13 ·
Lol ouch :p

#16 ·
Hence the crazyyyyyyyy price increase :)

#19 ·
No... you can get bilsteins from bilstein, or other vendors.... you can prob get the SRT bilsteins from the dealer or multiple places online

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.