Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   A/C acting funny (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/a-c-acting-funny-27899.html)

Mr Chill 08-31-2011 11:02 AM

A/C acting funny

This is on an 06 Laredo with basic a/c controls.

Seems the vents on the passenger side of the dash, and the rear vents, don't blow nearly as cold as those on the driver's side. Hot air blows piping hot from everywhere when desired. Cold air not so much. The warmer air coming from the passenger side and back makes the system take a good long while to cool the cabin. Its usually not cool in the truck until we've been driving for 12-15min, and even then its somewhat uncomfortable for everyone but the driver.

Further explanation: You can feel cold air coming out of the passenger vents, but its clearly being mixed with warm air. When the compressor cycles off, the vents blow straight warm air while the driver's side it still blowing cool. It also takes setting the blower to HI to get cold air to really push through. It may just be me, but these vents also make more fan noise than the good side. What am I looking for here?

Thanks for any input.

Redpit 08-31-2011 11:07 AM

Re: A/C acting funny

Maybe time to recharge the system. Quite the ironic name for the problem you're having, haha should change it to Mr warm. Sorry I had to do it.

Mr Chill 08-31-2011 11:21 AM

lol, yes, good ole irony striking again.

Yeah the system was just charged less than two weeks ago at the dealer. The system wasn't cooling when we bought the Jeep, and they leak tested and charged it for us as a temp fix while we wait on a replacement compressor. The clutch is making a little noise. It cools just fine out of the driver's side vents. I didnt think these basic systems had left/right blend doors that would fail. Maybe i'm wrong here...

elament 08-31-2011 11:49 AM

I have the same exact problem in my 05 WK 4.7. Keep recharging it with the kits you get at autozone but it does nothing for the passenger and rear vents. i've checked for holes in the vent system to see if it maybe be coming from the outside but nothing. It just started doing this last month. Any help would be appreciated.

4.whoa 08-31-2011 02:14 PM

do you guys have the dual climate control?

elament 09-01-2011 08:55 AM

no sir. just regular plain ol controls.

elament 09-06-2011 02:06 PM

any ideas?

4.whoa 09-06-2011 03:58 PM

Are the vents working properly? like do they change position correctly? I had the little actuators go on my semi and it wasnt ever really cold and the fan didnt blow very strong 'cause it was going everywhere. the diverters changed it a little but maybe only 60-70%.
Note- i have not had a wk dash apart yet so im guessing here :)

robpp 09-06-2011 04:22 PM

there are blend doors.....sounds like they are not BLENDING/

elament 09-07-2011 08:36 AM

the fan blows just as strong when it was working correctly. robpp.. where are the blend doors located? do they open and close electronically? and how much of a PIA would it be to fix em myself?

4.whoa 09-07-2011 10:01 AM

You've only had it a few weeks,right? go back and tell them they didnt fix it before ,so do it now:fighting: