Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Interesting (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/interesting-27901.html)

Robert Palmer 08-31-2011 12:01 PM

Interesting

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanSS17 (Post 1126788)
Now who's acting like a fool
Or maybe that was meant to be a joke...Anyways, what I did earlier...it was hot out there today...cooler weather may be better for it. 2012 Jeep SRT-8
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...S/DSC_0070.jpg
60ft sucks and reaction sucks
http://i1009.photobucket.com/albums/...S/DSC_0054.jpg
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taken from the TBSS site.

In 80 degree weather, a stock WK1 SRT is around 13.5. So its really not that much different.

And who knows if this guy put it in autostick and or track mode.

JeepCoop 08-31-2011 12:02 PM

Some people just suck at driving!! Lol

mlarco52 08-31-2011 12:07 PM

Re: Interesting

I'm guessing the person driving was using their hand to steer and push the gas pedal at the same time. Possibly even shaving their beard while it was all going on.

Schleprock 08-31-2011 01:26 PM

also, doesn't track mode push more power to the rear wheels in addition to stiffening the suspension? If so, that would explain a slower 60' out of the box time compared to AWD launch.

Scottina06 08-31-2011 02:36 PM

blah blah blah....

I can show you wk1's anywhere from 13.8-----14.5 all day long

BostonDMD 08-31-2011 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 476350)
blah blah blah....

Yeah, but is that with a professional "drag racer"?......:lol:

Robert Palmer 08-31-2011 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 476350)
blah blah blah....

True.

I was saying that I dont know why peeps on the red site are shitting on it. Its not that much different.

There are haters on both sides. I just think the WK1 guys are not willing to accept new technology.

Stupid IMO.

JeepCoop 08-31-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Palmer (Post 476373)
There are haters on both sides. I just think the WK1 guys are not willing to accept new technology.

Stupid IMO.

People always hate on new cuz it's different and a change. People hate change. I'm all about new tech and growth! :thumbsup:

Scottina06 08-31-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

True.

I was saying that I dont know why peeps on the red site are shitting on it. Its not that much different.

Stupid IMO.

:thumbsup:

Its getting old for the potential wk2 owners as well...which is a good thing for JeepGarage! So let them hate away over there......LOLOLOLOLOL

bosquemdh 08-31-2011 04:04 PM

I hope that their anger at everything WK2 SRT8 doesn't show up in the chat session hopefully they just keep that hostility at the red site. It would be embarrassing if Gilles agree's to do this chat and then it's nothing but negativity. If that happens we would be hard pressed to ever get him to do another Q&A session. These chats don't happen that often for a reason!

Schleprock 08-31-2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

True.

Stupid IMO.

I don't think it has to do with only the technology, I think the main point of contention is the psychological factor: it is only a matter of time before they get phased out of relevance and no one finds their model that special anymore. With the introduction of modifications for the WK2, tuning (it will eventually come, name a car it eventually didn't, don't be suckered by the fear mongers), more "high-end" buyers, and the basic principle of ........time, everyone will be focused on the WK2 and will no longer care about the WK1 outside of its loyal followers. Even owning one, I can admit the WK1's looks are beginning to age at an alarming rate.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 476387)
:thumbsup:

Its getting old for the potential wk2 owners as well...which is a good thing for JeepGarage! So let them hate away over there......LOLOLOLOLOL

Scott, please stay the course here as you have and protect it with swift actions. Please do not let any of this nonsense blossom here. It's fine to have opinions, but the other site has turned into a pure bash fest toward the WK2. It's particularly annoying when someone who thinks they are special because they have a lot of posts and mods to their WK1 SRT8 starts throwing that around as weight to justify criticizing people.

For many of us, this isn't our first rodeo in performance cars. I'd be more than happy to help keep order in the court here if anything was needed.

Scottina06 08-31-2011 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bosquemdh (Post 476405)
I hope that their anger at everything WK2 SRT8 doesn't show up in the chat session hopefully they just keep that hostility at the red site. It would be embarrassing if Gilles agree's to do this chat and then it's nothing but negativity. If that happens we would be hard pressed to ever get him to do another Q&A session. These chats don't happen that often for a reason!

that is my biggest fear and ChryCo has seen the "hate" there and acknowledged it. I just hope they aren't seen as JG members!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 476406)
I don't think it has to do with only the technology, I think the main point of contention is the psychological factor: it is only a matter of time before they get phased out of relevance and no one finds their model that special anymore. With the introduction of modifications for the WK2, tuning (it will eventually come, name a car it eventually didn't, don't be suckered by the fear mongers), more "high-end" buyers, and the basic principle of ........time, everyone will be focused on the WK2 and will no longer care about the WK1 outside of its loyal followers. Even owning one, I can admit the WK1's looks are beginning to age at an alarming rate.

Scott, please stay the course here as you have and protect it with swift actions. Please do not let any of this nonsense blossom here. It's fine to have opinions, but the other site has turned into a pure bash fest toward the WK2. It's particularly annoying when someone who thinks they are special because they have a lot of posts and mods to their WK1 SRT8 starts throwing that around as weight to justify criticizing people.

For many of us, this isn't our first rodeo in performance cars. I'd be more than happy to help keep order in the court here if anything was needed.

I agree completely! JeepGarage is different than the red site...so hopefully that doesnt happen here!
Thank you for the offer...I will keep that in mind!