Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   4.7 Muffler - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/4-7-muffler-27908.html)

DGoral31 08-31-2011 04:25 PM

4.7 Muffler -
 
hey guys i wanna get more sound out of my jeep... thinking about going with Magnaflow, want something low key and tuned. Any suggestions?

cpopp0101 08-31-2011 04:48 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
just got a magnaflow turbo cuase thats all they had instock for magnaflows and so far i like it and its on a 3.7 real throaty and deep

Chaoul1 08-31-2011 04:52 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
Get a Magnaflow for your Jeep. Get the whole Cat-Back. You'll like it.

Crestwood1001 08-31-2011 05:16 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
Iv got a magnaflow on my 4.7 with a custom 3 inch pipe all the way from the cat back. Sounds great, you will get some drone but its sounds amazing opened up ;)

H2rescue 08-31-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DGoral31 (Post 476421)
hey guys i wanna get more sound out of my jeep... thinking about going with Magnaflow, want something low key and tuned. Any suggestions?

What year is your Jeep? I know the 08-up 4.7's have 2-3/4" pipes from the cat back and the magnaflow catback system for the 4.7 is 2.5" pipe. I just replaced my factory muffler with a 24" magnaflow and left the factory pipes and resonator on and it sounds great.

H2rescue 08-31-2011 08:26 PM

Plus just replacing the muffler was way cheaper than the full catback system. Sound is much better than stock, especially at WOP, not annoying on the highway either.

Crestwood1001 08-31-2011 08:49 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
Yea its alot cheaper to just do that

Chaoul1 08-31-2011 08:52 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
You should get the same Magnaflow as JeepCoop. He made a thread about on his 5.7L.

It should sound exactly what you want since you have a 4.7L. Make sure you keep the resonator too so you don't have any drone!

He made a video:
http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php...+Surfer&page=3

Crestwood1001 08-31-2011 08:53 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
Yea ya cant go wrong, and it saves ya some money to plan out a bigger exhaust mod in the future. Im holding onto some money to do the SRT rear bumper and dual 5 inch tips

Lucas J 08-31-2011 09:10 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 476583)
You should get the same Magnaflow as JeepCoop. He made a thread about on his 5.7L.

It should sound exactly what you want since you have a 4.7L. Make sure you keep the resonator too so you don't have any drone!

He made a video:
http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php...+Surfer&page=3

+1

If I didn't go with cat back for the 5.7, I would have done this.

DGoral31 08-31-2011 10:37 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by H2rescue (Post 476557)
What year is your Jeep? I know the 08-up 4.7's have 2-3/4" pipes from the cat back and the magnaflow catback system for the 4.7 is 2.5" pipe. I just replaced my factory muffler with a 24" magnaflow and left the factory pipes and resonator on and it sounds great.

mines an 06 but im sure the sound would be similar, what model Magnaflow did you go with?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 476583)
You should get the same Magnaflow as JeepCoop. He made a thread about on his 5.7L.

It should sound exactly what you want since you have a 4.7L. Make sure you keep the resonator too so you don't have any drone!

He made a video:
http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php...+Surfer&page=3

sounds good but mines a 4.7, not sure it would sound the same... im sure pretty close still

2005 WK 08-31-2011 11:23 PM

Re: 4.7 Muffler -
 
http://www.amazon.com/Magnaflow-1222...4850751&sr=8-1

I put this magnaflow 12226 on my 4.7 and i love the way it sounds. Very nice rumble to it but its not to loud (in my opinion). Has tight sound that flows very nice. It has alittle bit of drone on the highway but i think it is tolerable. This is just one of the many options you have but I think it sounds great.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:14 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community