Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   program jeep purchase? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/program-jeep-purchase-27940.html)

ajs800 09-01-2011 11:05 AM

program jeep purchase?

What are your thoughts regarding purchasing a grand that was a chrysler program vehicle? I guess it was owned by Jeep for a year and then auctioned off...It is a fully loaded limited, w/Hemi, with approx 20k miles and I think I can get it for just under 35k. It even has the Quadra Lift.

The service record shows front door module and front spring/shock replaced, both were listed as being done at the chrysler research grounds. Not sure if it's a good or bad thing that it was owned by jeep for 11months. :lol:

Thoughts?

suprand 09-01-2011 11:11 AM

Re: program jeep purchase?

I know you said its fully loaded, but can you give us more details on exact options

markp99 09-01-2011 11:21 AM

What kind of warranty did they offer?

ajs800 09-01-2011 11:22 AM

Sure...it seems to be pkgd like an overland along with the few optional overland items. It has the LuxII pkg. remaining of the 36k...it's at a jeep dealer and could make it chrysler certified, but of course the price will change, but it may be worth it. I'm also considering going brand new and sticking with a LaredoX.

Hemi
Adaptive cruise
730N Radio
ventilated seats
Quadra Lift
Heated steering wheel
Rear DVD
Tow pkg

ColdCase 09-01-2011 11:40 AM

It is a used car, probably serviced regularly, but its just like any used car unless they give you a new car warranty.

suprand 09-01-2011 11:42 AM

were you looking at getting a new 11 or 12? This is a pretty unique situation you are in...however, if it were me, i would be a little wary of a production unit due to its early build and use. The deal would have to be outstanding with additional warranty included. If the laredo x is what you truly want, and dont really care for the luxury upgraded features, i would def go new (newer build) laredo x hemi.

ajs800 09-01-2011 11:44 AM

yep, other than the two service repairs listed above, it had regular oil changes.

Basically I'm on the fence between the Hemi and v6 and now a used loaded one or a new X. I want to go with dk charcoal pearl, black, or blackberry with dk charcoal being preferred, however, I haven't found too many new Dk Charcoal Laredo X's with my options remaining anywhere.

ajs800 09-02-2011 10:42 AM

I just built the same vehicle on jeep.com and came up with a $44,900 price. I may see what they can do regarding a warranty and go from there or just make a super low offer as is and see how they respond.

jeepster23 09-02-2011 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ajs800 (Post 477600)
I just built the same vehicle on jeep.com and came up with a $44,900 price. I may see what they can do regarding a warranty and go from there or just make a super low offer as is and see how they respond.

It doesnt really matter what Jeep.com says the msrp is because the fact of the amtter is that a brand new 2011 Limited equipped similarly to the one your looking at can be bought for under $40,000 with out breaking a sweat. So IMHO opinion 4-5,000 more on a newer car, less miles, piece of mind it was not driven hard, longer warranty, and every option and color you want is definitely worth it.

ajs800 09-02-2011 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepster23 (Post 477632)
It doesnt really matter what Jeep.com says the msrp is because the fact of the amtter is that a brand new 2011 Limited equipped similarly to the one your looking at can be bought for under $40,000 with out breaking a sweat. So IMHO opinion 4-5,000 more on a newer car, less miles, piece of mind it was not driven hard, longer warranty, and every option and color you want is definitely worth it.

I totally agree.:thumbsup: I am working with a dealer nearby that has a new Dk Charcoal limited with most options and they already mentioned a price $38k and I haven't even started dealing with them yet. It does have the v6, though.

AAAA 09-03-2011 12:16 PM

Price is too high.

ajs800 09-04-2011 10:11 AM

I already got them down another $1k...as many others, just can't decide between the v6 and v8.