Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Just got her home 2 questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/just-got-her-home-2-questions-27965.html)

BuckeyeSRT 09-01-2011 08:56 PM

Just got her home 2 questions

Has anyone had an HID lamp blow? My drivers side is out already...
2012 Summit owners: What color is your steering wheel?
Mine is the color of last years Overland (not the Summits dark)

gokart508 09-01-2011 09:29 PM

Re: Just got her home 2 questions

saw your picture in another post, you got the wrong wheel for sure...:confused:

BuckeyeSRT 09-02-2011 05:40 PM

I guess it could happen to any car but my HID build blew and the dealer ordered a new one. Sucks to have a car one day and and drive around with one light out but I'm sure I'll get over it.

NHman 09-02-2011 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 477811)
I guess it could happen to any car but my HID build blew and the dealer ordered a new one. Sucks to have a car one day and and drive around with one light out but I'm sure I'll get over it.

JGC Cyclops edition.....

Yes, I would be disappointed as well.

Regards,
NHman

JTS97Z28 09-02-2011 11:49 PM

WTF you have a one day old car with a burned out HID bulb and a completely wrong steering wheel? LOL says a lot about Jeep. How in the hell could this thing possibly get through final inspection and the entire assembly process? oh boy

BuckeyeSRT 09-03-2011 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTS97Z28 (Post 478059)
WTF you have a one day old car with a burned out HID bulb and a completely wrong steering wheel? LOL says a lot about Jeep. How in the hell could this thing possibly get through final inspection and the entire assembly process? oh boy

The car left the factory with working headlights. The drivers side blew on my way home.

moosehead 09-03-2011 09:54 AM

Sorry Buckeye, presume that your dealer will square you away with new HID and correct wheel. Jeebus, is the wood wheel really a different color from the black Summit dash trim? Hope all else is good. Saw a MG Summit yesterday, it was very sharp.

Technosavant 09-03-2011 10:21 AM

The wheel is bizarre... it should have been caught before leaving the factory. The HID lamp is just infant mortality; that one was bad from the supplier, and there isn't much that can be done about it but replace it.

Richpearl 09-03-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Technosavant (Post 478170)
The wheel is bizarre... it should have been caught before leaving the factory. The HID lamp is just infant mortality; that one was bad from the supplier, and there isn't much that can be done about it but replace it.

"infant mortality" = appropriate label. Most components with electronic sub-assemblies are likely to be very reliable--at least the electronic parts. But, if they are going to fail, they are likely to do so very early. I'd guess that's what happened here, and that the replacement should last a good old time.

Rich

BuckeyeSRT 09-03-2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Richpearl (Post 478189)
the replacement should last a good old time.

Rich

I really hope so

BIGAL 09-04-2011 05:04 AM

congrats, i can't wait for mine it's in tampa now should have it tuesday,i'll let you know about my wheel :):)

BuckeyeSRT 09-04-2011 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIGAL (Post 478521)
congrats, i can't wait for mine it's in tampa now should have it tuesday,i'll let you know about my wheel :):)

You are going to love it!!!