Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/any-real-live-srts-out-there-yet-27968.html)

Lingohocken 09-01-2011 10:10 PM

Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
Life may about to be getting much better! Wife is now giving consideration to an SRT rather than a planned Overland, but wants to see it in the flesh and test drive it first. Thing is, I can't find any in regional dealer inventory, and wonder whether at this point the SRT is just an Elvis sighting except for media testers?

It's shown in the preliminary 2012 Build Your Own, so you'd think there would be at least a few in dealer lots by now. Anybody seen one yet or, barring that, heard when they should start coming in?

ENFORCER 09-02-2011 04:26 AM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
If you go over to the WK2 SRT8 section in this fine forum, you will read that no one has one yet. Apparently one of our forumites had his build this week, but none have been delivered. You will also be paying US$60k + for one, which seems to be upsetting the majority of the SRT8 fans.

Scottina06 09-02-2011 09:37 AM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
no SRT's have been released and shipped YET.......

If you are close to Mass. there is a Jeepgarage event that the SRT tour will be attending with the new Jeep. Check out the SRt tour and find one in your area. They are letting attendees drive the vehicles.

markp99 09-02-2011 10:12 AM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 477559)
If you are close to Mass. there is a Jeepgarage event that the SRT tour will be attending with the new Jeep. Check out the SRt tour and find one in your area. They are letting attendees drive the vehicles.

When? Where??

markp99 09-02-2011 10:32 AM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
Found it:

http://drivesrt.com/community/srt-hi...tour-2011.html

Wednesday, Sep 7, 10 a.m.
Herb Chambers Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Danvers

Wednesday, Sep 7, 5 p.m.
JeepGarage.org Club Stop
Braintree

Scottina06 09-02-2011 11:00 AM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
^^^^^thats it. JG member "Quick"(Brian) set this up! Big props to Brian!

markp99 09-02-2011 12:01 PM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottina06 (Post 477617)
^^^^^thats it. JG member "Quick"(Brian) set this up! Big props to Brian!

I may need to visit. Danvers is just 30 mins south from me. I work from home, so sneaking out around 10am will be easy!

Lingohocken 09-02-2011 12:45 PM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by markp99 (Post 477591)
Found it:

http://drivesrt.com/community/srt-hi...tour-2011.html

Wednesday, Sep 7, 10 a.m.
Herb Chambers Dodge Chrysler Jeep of Danvers

Wednesday, Sep 7, 5 p.m.
JeepGarage.org Club Stop
Braintree

Thanks -- great info, although a schlep for us on an already hectic day to the closest (just outside Newark 9/8).

Lingohocken 09-02-2011 12:49 PM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 477463)
If you go over to the WK2 SRT8 section in this fine forum, you will read that no one has one yet. Apparently one of our forumites had his build this week, but none have been delivered. You will also be paying US$60k + for one, which seems to be upsetting the majority of the SRT8 fans.

Dunno how I missed that -- thanks for the heads up, it's bookmarked now.

markp99 09-07-2011 07:42 PM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
Got to drive a 2012 SRT8 WK2 today! :thumbsup: Part of the SRT8 Tour near Boston today.

Due to poor weather conditions (drizzly), we only got to do straight line accelerations in a VERY short space.

Acceleration was quite remarkable, with ZERO tire slippage even on the slick surface. Brakes were equally competent...as we were driving straight toward a brick wall!! :)

Very happy I went today! Thanks Scottina06 for the heads-up!

Here are a few pics (not great - as light was leaving us on this rainy day).

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_1.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_2.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_3.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_4.jpg

markp99 09-07-2011 07:52 PM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
A few more pics:

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_5.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_6.jpg

http://home.comcast.net/~markp99/srt8_7.jpg

08Hemi 09-07-2011 07:52 PM

Re: Any Real, Live SRTs Out There Yet?
 
the more I see it the more I want one :)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community