Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Members Rides (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/)
-   -   Took Jules for a run today... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f14/took-jules-for-a-run-today-28068.html)

Martyp 09-04-2011 12:35 PM

Took Jules for a run today...
 
So after installing the F&B TB for some underhood bling and giving her a quick bath last night I thought with the nice weather today I could check out my handy work.

All I can say is wow. Low down she hauls ass and can easily chirp the tires. Idle is now fantastic, super smooth and stable (used to flicker +/- 50rpm before cleaning the IAC). The CAI is also a lot more noisy than before and throttle reponse has picked up a lot too.

Didn't really get beyond 4k rpm between shifts due to Sunday drivers on twisty single carriage roads. Doing 40 in a 60 sucks... :slapfight:


Here are some pics of her in the sticks:

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMG_0435_1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMG_0451_1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMG_0434_1.jpg

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...IMG_0445_1.jpg


Decided to remove the roof rails (again), makes it seem lower and shows the black roof off a bit more. Can never make my mind up on some things tho.. :D

99PlatinumWJ 09-06-2011 05:22 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
so clean and nice! very good pictures too, i like the country side in the background

soontobesrt 09-06-2011 05:32 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
Looks sweet man! Love me a WJ done right! And you my friend did just that :)

My ideal stable is one of each Jeep models from diff eras all stroked out and slammed with a track/street setup. Say a CJ and TJ Wrangler, WJ & WK Grand Cherokee and probably and Old Willys and maybe even the new Wrangler, Black Ops Edition :)

Chaoul1 09-06-2011 05:36 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
Nice man! I really want to get my TB Ported! Tint looks good too!

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-06-2011 09:22 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
looking good!

viking757 09-06-2011 10:01 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
Thats a clean jeep!!!:D Great pics

vman_86 09-07-2011 08:29 AM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
jotm picture worthy! : )

01grand 09-07-2011 08:52 AM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
very nice pics! :thumbsup:

Martyp 09-08-2011 12:27 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MichaelNawrocki (Post 479950)
so clean and nice! very good pictures too, i like the country side in the background

Thanks alot Michael! Yeah, thought it'd look a little different to take the street look out in the middle of nowhere! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by soontobesrt (Post 479956)
Looks sweet man! Love me a WJ done right! And you my friend did just that :)

My ideal stable is one of each Jeep models from diff eras all stroked out and slammed with a track/street setup. Say a CJ and TJ Wrangler, WJ & WK Grand Cherokee and probably and Old Willys and maybe even the new Wrangler, Black Ops Edition :)

Thanks bro, means a lot! The amount of time, effort and money I've thrown at this so far, getting comments like that make it all worth while, although just seeing it parked up somewhere makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside too. :lol:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 479962)
Nice man! I really want to get my TB Ported! Tint looks good too!

Thanks Paul. I'd recommend getting your TB ported, really does help!

Quote:

Originally Posted by SvenskaJeepGuy (Post 480099)
looking good!

Thanks bro!

Quote:

Originally Posted by viking757 (Post 480124)
Thats a clean jeep!!!:D Great pics

Had a few flies on the front and a little dirt on the tires but the camera can hide all that stuff well! Thanks! :thumbsup:

Quote:

Originally Posted by vman_86 (Post 480295)
jotm picture worthy! : )

Hmmm, never considered entering in that to be honest Rob. I'm gonna order a suspension upgrade either Oct/Nov. When thats all on I will take some real pictures of the beast and have a go, probably won't stand a chance tho!! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by 01grand (Post 480300)
very nice pics! :thumbsup:

Thanks Aaron!

dhillon09 10-19-2011 01:44 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
MOAR PICS! Your roofs black? Can you take some better pics that show off the roof? I'm intrigued :) Looking good as usual marty


btw good thing we are on opposite ends of the world ... I copy every mod you do hehe

hitch 10-20-2011 02:14 AM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
What, you don't need license plates in Scotland? :D
Or you somehow managed to get a "V8" vanity plate???


But wow. So clean. Might be my favorite WJ right there.

Martyp 10-24-2011 02:52 PM

Re: Took Jules for a run today...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dhillon09 (Post 501054)
MOAR PICS! Your roofs black? Can you take some better pics that show off the roof? I'm intrigued :) Looking good as usual marty


btw good thing we are on opposite ends of the world ... I copy every mod you do hehe


Yeah, got it vinyled with some 3M metallic vinyl. Don't know if I'm 100% set on it TBH but will see how I feel Spring/Summer. Loved it to begin with but the flame is dying. Don't have any better pcis, will take some tomorrow after work - dark out now.

You S.O.A.B. :slapfight: Hahahaha, j/k bro! :thumbsup:


Quote:

Originally Posted by hitch (Post 501311)
What, you don't need license plates in Scotland? :D
Or you somehow managed to get a "V8" vanity plate???


But wow. So clean. Might be my favorite WJ right there.

Yup, those are my plates. Cloned out the last three letter. My dad's are identical but its V6 xxx. :D

Thanks for the kind words too, I do my best! :D


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:59 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community