Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   OME & Spacers - opinions/feedback? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/ome-and-spacers-opinions-feedback-28075.html)

jlewissystem 09-04-2011 04:23 PM

OME & Spacers - opinions/feedback?

What's up all - happy long weekend :) During some roading over the weekend, I noticed (at full flex) my rear tires are hitting the wheel-well and cutting my outside tread. I'm thinking I need to add another 2-3" if possible onto my OME HD. Is anyone out there running coil spacers, feedback, opinions, brands....thanks all!

BlackedOutWK 09-05-2011 11:06 AM

Re: OME & Spacers - opinions/feedback?

you could just extend your bump stops to limit your up travel. there are a few people who have stacked the rear with a modified 1" spacer and then 1/2 inch metal plates on top of the struts in front. you would definitely need to get jba uca's if you do this...

cheapest easiest fix for now would be extending your bump stops.

jlewissystem 09-05-2011 11:50 AM

Great suggestion! I completely forgot about that option. I dont know too much in that area: any recommendations?

AcidCold 09-05-2011 12:33 PM

I would raise the rear by 1'' get the Rusty's adjustable track bar to realign the rear drive shaft then go with 2 Rusty's 1/4'' plates up front with JBA UCA's and call it a day, the bump stops can be extended by 1'' or more if needed. Seems like your wheels have to much negative offset for your height.

I will be raising my rear end up by 1.5'' or so because it sits way to low with the 300+lbs that I have back there (My Jeep!) :)

mrtosh 09-06-2011 10:51 AM

Check out my build thread in my Sig for more info on stacked lifts. In the three it also shows how I rolled my rear tendrs for more clearance. Also with the stock UCA's like Acid was saying you will have quite a bit of negative camber, but there are guys who DD and wheel their jeeps with a stacked lift and stock UCA's.

yetjeep 09-07-2011 02:04 AM

same this happens with my ome hd what track bar from rustys wors (acid cold)?

mrtosh 09-07-2011 10:24 AM

Here's the part number of he Rustys adj. Trac bar I used.
RC-TB732-WK

hitch 10-13-2011 11:55 PM

I've seen multiple threads on trimming RR spacers and combining that with OME springs. But do you have to trim them? Would it cause problems if I used the full RR spacer with OME coils?

mrtosh 10-14-2011 12:11 PM

No problems, you will just sit higher in the rear and if you don't have an adjustable trac bar your rear diff will be shifted considerably to the drivers side.

hitch 10-16-2011 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtosh (Post 498862)
No problems, you will just sit higher in the rear and if you don't have an adjustable trac bar your rear diff will be shifted considerably to the drivers side.

Really... Hm. So an adjustable trac bar and maybe some new UCAs and I'd be all set? Why do you think people typically trim the spacers? I figured there was a limit to the height the WK could handle without having to replace a grip of components

mrtosh 10-16-2011 09:32 PM

In the rear no. As long as you adjust correctly. You should get some brake line extensions as well for the rear. The front is where you run into issues.

hitch 10-17-2011 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrtosh (Post 499735)
In the rear no. As long as you adjust correctly. You should get some brake line extensions as well for the rear. The front is where you run into issues.

Do you think this would be the case if the spacers were trimmed?

Thanks for your info