Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Trouble Shooting/Problems/Service (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/)
-   -   Front Windscreen Washers do not work (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f107/front-windscreen-washers-do-not-work-28083.html)

ENFORCER 09-04-2011 08:14 PM

Front Windscreen Washers do not work

Ok, so I get my new JGC Overland on Saturday and I go through all the items to make sure they work. The only thing that does not work is the windscreen washers. The rear ones work fine, so I know it is not a fuse. I could access the bottom of the bottle where the motors are and tried it again and nothing. So it is either the wiper switch (unlikely) the wiring (I checked the plug onto the pump motor) or the pump itself.
I tried a search and came up with nothing. Hoping someone may have had a similar problem and found an easy fix for it. I have already contacted the dealer, so I am sure it will be sorted out. Not what I wanted on my new Jeep, but it is only a minor issue.

Scottina06 09-04-2011 08:38 PM

Re: Front Windscreen Washers do not work

have someone hold the handle and you listen for the pump to operate.

BuckeyeSRT 09-04-2011 09:00 PM

That happened once with my Magnum. Advice I got (assuming pump motor is working) Disconnect one of the washer lines by the nozzle and pump some compressed air in it. It worked because my nozzles were clogged. Not sure if that could happen with a new car but...

ENFORCER 09-05-2011 02:05 AM

I know the motor does not work as I did as you suggested Scott. It is not a blocked line or anything like that.
I think it is just a bung pump motor, pity Pre Delivery did not pick up on it.

AAAA 09-05-2011 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ENFORCER (Post 479008)
I know the motor does not work as I did as you suggested Scott. It is not a blocked line or anything like that.
I think it is just a bung pump motor, pity Pre Delivery did not pick up on it.

You're kidding, right? Do they really test the washers pre-delivery down there? Certainly unlikely in this country!

ENFORCER 09-05-2011 05:34 PM

I would expect them to check that everything works for the $1895 they charge us for Dealer Delivery. Being that the windscreen washers are a roadworthy requirement, they have technically sold me an unroadworthy car.

Scottina06 09-05-2011 06:57 PM

^^^^^wow...I agree Enforcer! For $1895 it should be delivered PERFECT!

ENFORCER 09-08-2011 02:23 AM

I do not like to admit fault, but it turns out I was not using the washers right.
I should have RTFM, but I thought twisting the wiper stalk was how the washers were activated, as the wipers went on briefly and this is how it is done on my car.
Turns out there was no problem and that I need to push the stalk to get the washers working.
All I can say is DOH !!!!

Eric67 09-08-2011 05:01 AM

LOL :rolllol:

markp99 09-08-2011 06:57 AM

Yep, I did not RTFM either. Took a bit of fiddling around to trip onto the correct approach.

:)

BuckeyeSRT 09-08-2011 06:58 AM

Glad you found it was not defective