Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   build sheet off (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/build-sheet-off-28114.html)

turner1 09-05-2011 11:55 AM

build sheet off

i dont know if anyone else has had this happen but i recently used my vin # to view my build sheet , and i noticed that it said that i have cloth low back bucket seats when i have leather seats. i also know from filling up that i have a 20.5 gallon fuel tank ,however the build sheet says that my wk came with an additional 7.5 gallons of gas.there are other things as well that it says i should have but not seeing. i think its kinda strange. can anyone shed some light on why it is done like this?

SvenskaJeepGuy 09-05-2011 12:55 PM

Re: build sheet off

Quote:

Originally Posted by turner1 (Post 479157)
i dont know if anyone else has had this happen but i recently used my vin # to view my build sheet , and i noticed that it said that i have cloth low back bucket seats when i have leather seats. i also know from filling up that i have a 20.5 gallon fuel tank ,however the build sheet says that my wk came with an additional 7.5 gallons of gas.there are other things as well that it says i should have but not seeing. i think its kinda strange. can anyone shed some light on why it is done like this?

the 7.5 gallons of gas is for gasoline in the tank when it was sold....... not extra capacity

robpp 09-05-2011 01:06 PM

post it up lets see turner.

Budasac 09-05-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turner1 (Post 479157)

Are you the original owner. I know my parents recently bought a new truck and they didn't have one on the lot with the options they wanted. Instead of bringing in a truck from another dealer they sent the one they had out and had leather installed in it. Was actually alot nicer then the factory leather and they had a choice of about a dozen colors. But it wouldn't show up on a build sheet.

Also, my WK had a few dealer installed options that didn't match my build sheet. (like chrome grill and moldings, and the hitch) I bought new BTW. So those are things that the dealer chose to install after receiving the vehicle from JEEP.

turner1 09-05-2011 01:48 PM

no i am the second owner and i havent had my jeep that long, im still trying to figure everything out . my jeep is not my primary vehicle, i keep it at home alot and drive it on the weekend.It is a laredo with a 4.7l and leather seats and i just found out that it has the boston acoustic speakers and amp.the build sheet says that it has a security alarm, but i havent noticed one yet any where on the jeep .It also says that it has a luxury group package which i have no idea what that is.It says also that it comes with heavy duty engine cooling ,again i have no idea if thats stock or an upgrade. i sure would like the help knowing,the build sheet just causes more questions

05wkguy 09-05-2011 02:23 PM

Who knows what the previous owner did, he may have swapped in the leather seats. The heavy duty cooling is standard on all models. (but it makes you think you got something for nothing doesn't it?)

turner1 09-05-2011 02:42 PM

customer preferred package 28f /customer preferred package2tf / aero shield bug deflector / in system vehicle locate and tracking / two wheel drive / 4.7l eng(eva)5spd a/t5-45rfe(dgq) / luxury group / monotone paint / 160 amp alternator / 730 amp maintenance free battery / brake assist / electonic stability control / anti lock 4 wheel disc breaks / low back bucket seats / manual drive & pass lumbar adjust / child seat upper tether anchorages / rear 60/40 folding seat / cloth covered headliner / floor carpet / front and rear floor mats / passanger assist handles / full length floor console / overhead console / 5 spd automatic 545rfe transmission / lock up torque converter / 3.73 axle ratio / tinted winshield glass / front door tinted glass / deep tint sunscreen glass / flipper liftgate glass / rear window defrost / sun visors w /illum vanity mirrors / rear view auto dim mirror / power heated mirrors ,fold away / remote keyless entry / sentry key theft deterrent system / air conditioning / hood insulation / deluxe insulation group / instrument panel / instrument cluster w/tach / var intermittent winshiled wipers / rear window wiper washer / auxillary 12 volt rear power outlet / locking glove box / 12v auxillary power outlet / power accessory delay / pwr front windows 1 touch up & down / power locks / power 8way drvr 4way pass seats / tire pressure monitoring warning lp / illuminated entry / warning chime / vehicle information center / courtesy lamps / glove box lamp / rear courtesy reading lamps / cargo compartment lamp / travler mini trip computer / halogenheadlamps / automatic headlamps / fog lamps / chmsl lamp / security alarm / enhanced accident response system / front license bracket / body color grille / black door handles / body color license plate brow / jeep badge / side roof rails / laredo badge / 20.5 gallon fuel tank / power steering cooler / speed control / heavy duty engine cooling / 6 boston acoustic speakers / 276 watt amplifier / fixed longmast antenna / am/fm compact disc radio / power rack and pinion steering / normal duty suspension / tilt steering column / full sive matching spare wheel / p245/65r17 owl all terrein tires / goodyear brand tires / 17" aluminum wheels / non adjustable pedals / universal garage door opener / 7.5 additional gallons of gas / ........thats the build sheet in a nut shell, it says that it came with a aero-sheild (bud deflector) i dont have a clue what that is. any help here would be great...how much of this is stock vs upgrade? like i was saying before i have leather seats but its not listed here at all

Bleeding Blue 09-05-2011 03:13 PM

where to you go to find this sheet?

jeepster23 09-05-2011 03:13 PM

It doesnt specify cloth seats, it just says low back buckets. The bug deflector is the well bug deflector located on the hood.

Bleeding Blue 09-05-2011 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWeidner (Post 479267)
where to you go to find this sheet?

Nevermind, found it in another thread

Don's GC 09-06-2011 11:53 AM

Take your VIN# to your Jeep dealer parts dept. and request a print out of your vehicle. This is the real broadcast report and will be more complete than the vin decoder on the web. The 7.5 gallons of gas is the tank fill amount when it leaves the plant. The amount that is actually in the tank when off loaded from the transport company is usually less depending on how many times the vehicle was started and left running if it was a winter delivery, and the trucking company had to defrost the car before loading it.

turner1 09-06-2011 12:44 PM

thanks