Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Help to get me in the 9's (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/help-to-get-me-in-the-9s-28163.html)

khemikalcyanide 09-06-2011 11:36 AM

Help to get me in the 9's

Hey guys, i know i've been posting a lot of new threads on here, but I'm currently working on my jeep.

My current 1/8th mile times are 10.1-10.5. I'm lookin to get in the 9's so i can run against my friends mustangs and camaros. Any tips/tricks/parts that i should know of would be awesome. I go to the dragstrip about twice a month. and I'm looking to be in the 9's the next time i go. Keep in mind I drag RWD until i can figure out why when i'm in 4WD my car wont shift from 2nd for a few seconds.

05WK 09-06-2011 12:34 PM

Re: Help to get me in the 9's

Any bolt ons? Those would be the first place to start. CAI, exhaust, ported TB. Then get a programmer

khemikalcyanide 09-06-2011 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 05WK (Post 479765)
Any bolt ons? Those would be the first place to start. CAI, exhaust, ported TB. Then get a programmer

I was thinking about getting a TB spacer and throw a CAI on. I'm not really good with knowing what to pick with jeeps. I'm a chevy guy, but i do love my jeep.

What CAI should i go with?

JETLIFE 09-06-2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khemikalcyanide (Post 479778)
I was thinking about getting a TB spacer and throw a CAI on. I'm not really good with knowing what to pick with jeeps. I'm a chevy guy, but i do love my jeep.

What CAI should i go with?

Throttle body spacers are useless. You need a ported TB, and get a 4" bwoody if you're looking for the best gains.

Chaoul1 09-06-2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .moneen. (Post 479788)
Throttle body spacers are useless. You need a ported TB, and get a 4" bwoody if you're looking for the best gains.

X2^^^ On that and get a CMR Tune from Johan and you will be killing Mustangs and Camaros!

khemikalcyanide 09-06-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaoul1 (Post 479797)
X2^^^ On that and get a CMR Tune from Johan and you will be killing Mustangs and Camaros!

Thats what I like to hear. RiceEater will start destroying more than ricers lol. Honestly if my exhaust wasn't so loud i'd have the best sleeper within my group of friends. I can't wait to do all this.

And get a vibrant pink CAI just to throw people off haha.

4.whoa 09-06-2011 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khemikalcyanide (Post 479740)
Keep in mind I drag RWD until i can figure out why when i'm in 4WD my car wont shift from 2nd for a few seconds.

How do you put it in RWD? I thought it was 2wd or Awd ....Full time either way. :confused:

FlyinRyan 09-06-2011 01:38 PM

I can help you...

khemikalcyanide 09-06-2011 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4.whoa (Post 479802)
How do you put it in RWD? I thought it was 2wd or Awd ....Full time either way. :confused:

Oh, i didn't know haha. I don't really know much about these jeeps thats why i'm posting so much on the forum haha. I drag in 2wd. I would be able to destroy mustangs and camaros stock if i had 4WD high.

indyspz 09-06-2011 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyinRyan (Post 479810)
I can help you...

I installed your ported TB over the long weekend... in a word; AWESOME!! Very happy. I highly recommend it!

Craig

FlyinRyan 09-06-2011 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by indyspz (Post 479817)
I installed your ported TB over the long weekend... in a word; AWESOME!! Very happy. I highly recommend it!

Craig

I JUST emailed you now asking if you got it on. When convenient please post in the Vendor Feedback forum linked here http://jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=2403

Glad you like it.

4.whoa 09-06-2011 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khemikalcyanide (Post 479811)
Oh, i didn't know haha. I don't really know much about these jeeps thats why i'm posting so much on the forum haha. I drag in 2wd. I would be able to destroy mustangs and camaros stock if i had 4WD high.

Well rwd would be 2wd, what i meant was I havent seen one that can switch from 2wd to 4wd like the older xj's for example. Doesnt mean im right, but i havent seen a wk like that.