Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   CMR Tunes... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/cmr-tunes-2822.html)

Frankie 09-21-2009 08:18 PM

CMR Tunes...

I was wondering if Tom or anyone could chime in on some questions about CMR tunes!

What is a CMR tune?

How are they made?

Also, Joe is killing TMan and I and we are wondering how we can catch him!

I guess for me, Im diff since I dont have an MHP tune, but TMan has an MHP tune and the same mods as Joe...Yet he is almost a FULL SECOND slower?!

Any explanations on this?

Are all tunes the same?

We are just trying to figure this out in our quest to BEAT JOE!! :lol::slapfight::cool:

Thanks!!!! :thumbsup:

Robert Palmer 09-21-2009 09:52 PM

Re: CMR Tunes...

Jeez, everyone wants to beat me at the track. LOL

FlyinRyan 09-21-2009 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elvis Presley (Post 65189)
Jeez, everyone wants to beat me at the track. LOL

You're on my list too......:D

Robert Palmer 09-21-2009 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleepy4.7 (Post 65211)
You're on my list too......:D

Lets go. :D

Frankie 09-21-2009 10:39 PM

Make your own thread ****ERS! :p

Escape 09-21-2009 10:43 PM

I can help you in your quest
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:e...08/08/yoda.jpg

Yoda says: May the Turbo be with you!

Escape

Megatron 09-21-2009 10:46 PM

Yoda speaks backwards! lol..........

Sorry I had to. (being a star wars fan)

Escape 09-21-2009 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EZY (Post 65224)
Yoda speaks backwards! lol..........

Sorry I had to. (being a star wars fan)

True True...

Help you in your quest I can! :thumbsup:

pjs1965 09-22-2009 09:13 AM

A CMR Tune is a custom tune developed by a certified CMR Tuner usually during a session on a dyno but also can be accomplished with datalogging. It's developed from a template on the tuner's PC and uploaded to the Predator. I've read that it shows up under a heading called "Custom Tunes".

The predator comes with a few 'canned' tunes that you can upload to your Jeep. You can also adjust these 'canned' tunes as well. There's a variety of settings you can adjust and it takes some time to learn all the tips/tricks w/datalogging and settings.

CMR tune is specific to your Jeep and setup whereas the canned tunes are general setups and then you (or someone knowledgeable) can adjust settings to improve performance.

IMO, a proper CMR tune (w/dyno) is worth the cost when coupled with a customized setup (heads/cam/headers) where there's a larger degree of modification. Then again, if you have the $$ to spend, go for it. You never know :D

blackpepper 09-22-2009 12:52 PM

I too am curious. Is it Joe's straight through exhaust? I would be a lil disappointed if I was in Tman's shoes.

tman4024 09-22-2009 02:58 PM

I feel like the exhaust wouldn't add almost a second to a 1/4 mile time, but I"m not sure.

The one time we raced, we were almost even off the line(he had a .1 second better reaction time), and we were off by .1 until 330 where Joe was up almost .4 second and Joe just took off and I couldn't catch him. My shifting could have been off a little but I'm not sure.

Frankie 09-22-2009 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tman4024 (Post 65466)
I feel like the exhaust wouldn't add almost a second to a 1/4 mile time, but I"m not sure.

The one time we raced, we were almost even off the line(he had a .1 second better reaction time), and we were off by .1 until 330 where Joe was up almost .4 second and Joe just took off and I couldn't catch him. My shifting could have been off a little but I'm not sure.

Yeah, I doubt the exhaust would add a second...If so, Ill be redoing mine ASAP! LOL