Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Dimmer switch (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/dimmer-switch-28221.html)

scittb 09-07-2011 12:30 PM

Dimmer switch

Dont know if anyone had noticed but the dimmer switch has two ON detent positions. One for when its raining and the headlights are on and you want the dash and GPS to be in daylight mode and then the second detent is for the interior lights. I found it this morning.
I never noticed this before so I thought I would share for others who have not as well.
Pretty cool feature!!!

markp99 09-07-2011 12:41 PM

Re: Dimmer switch

Ha! I made that same observation today while driving in the rain, could not see the display clearly. Fiddled with the dimmer switch. :)

Eric67 09-07-2011 03:32 PM

Thanks. Was wandering why the nav kept so bright, even with the day/night function on.
The dimmer was set on the daytime / headlamps ON mode:iws:

1200RT-P 09-07-2011 07:46 PM

Yeah, very good feature. I turn my headlights on frequently while on two-lane freeways for safety, and having everything in daylight mode is nice.

sbraun 09-08-2011 06:54 AM

I did not understand why my Garmin GPS screen did not adjust to night vision mode at night. One evening I was fiddling with the dimmer wheel on my 2011 JGC Overland and the GPS changed to night vision mode. The trick is the the top setting turns on the interior lights, the next down setting has the interior lights off but the dash panel lights on highest setting, the next down setting is the one which allows the GPS to adjust for night vision and the rest of the dash panel at max or close to it. I just leave the dimmer switch in this position. One of the other features that I feel is important is the EVIC setting which allows the headlights to come on when the the wipers are active. This is important for daytime driving in heavy rain since all vehicles delivered in Canada starting in 1989 must have daytime running lights. The problem is the daytime running lights mode does not illuminate the rear lights to give cars traveling behind you a heads up in heavy rain. My favorite feature is the one which allows the headlights to move from high beam to normal when another vehicle is approaching from the front or you are coming up behind another vehicle and then switch back to max when all clear. To activate this mode just leave the lever on the left side of the steering wheel pressed forward ( headlights on bright setting). One last feature is the ability of the headlights to adjust downward in the headlight housing when you are driving up a hill and a another vehicle is approaching at the top of the hill so that the normal beam setting does not still blind the oncoming driver. About the time that I trade in this JGC in I will have discovered all the features.

BuckeyeSRT 09-08-2011 08:30 AM

Funny, I had this on my '05 Magnum too but I never figured it out. Now that I have the GC I learned...Thanks :)

jgleo 09-08-2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scittb (Post 480405)
Dont know if anyone had noticed but the dimmer switch has two ON detent positions. One for when its raining and the headlights are on and you want the dash and GPS to be in daylight mode and then the second detent is for the interior lights. I found it this morning.
I never noticed this before so I thought I would share for others who have not as well.
Pretty cool feature!!!

very good feature.