Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Tech Tips/DIY/How To (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/)
-   -   How do I reset the oil change indicator? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f156/how-do-i-reset-the-oil-change-indicator-28239.html)

Baxterdown 09-07-2011 06:51 PM

How do I reset the oil change indicator?

Our GC had an oil change last week and the dealer didn't reset the "Oil Change Due" indicator in the center dash screen. They're an hour away and I'd hate to have to drive all the way over there just to have them reset the indicator.

Does anyone know how to reset the oil change due indicator?

pattyboy 09-07-2011 06:54 PM

Re: How do I reset the oil change indicator?

:thumbsup:press ignition button or turn key on (whichever)...depress accelerator 3 xs in ten seconds thats it,,,pat

Baxterdown 09-07-2011 08:30 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. Not sure what you meant, so I tried a couple of things:

- Pressed the break pedal before pushing the ignition button to start the car. Then pressed the accelerator three times within 10 seconds. It didn't work.

- Pushed the ignition button without pressing the break pedal, which activated accessory power. Then pressed the accelerator three times within 10 seconds. That didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

H2rescue 09-07-2011 08:50 PM

Check your manual. Iirc you turn on ignition then push gas pedal to the floor three times pretty quickly then turn off ignition

Baxterdown 09-08-2011 07:13 PM

That was it! I wasn't pushing the gas pedal all the way down to the floor.

I didn't think of checking the manual as manufacturers rarely publish information on resetting service indicators. Thanks for the info guys!

Fulvio75 05-12-2015 04:36 AM

Hello I have the 3000 version crd turbo diesel of the year 2012 and the procedure does not work, jeep tell me that I have to pay 50 euro to turn off the indicator with the diagnosis. Are you familiar with other methods?
thanks

Fulvio75 05-13-2015 04:18 AM

Problem solved:
for those with a 3000 CRD (diesel) the procedure is as follows:
The ignition to RUN without starting the engine, hold the 'accelerator for more than 30 seconds (I have held down 35 seconds) after which the accelerator always hold 6 times the press brake, drop everything and turn off the framework.
Restart and reset was done.

druminstein 05-20-2015 09:34 PM

Heres a something we use at my shop, they have an app too if the light goes off again while youre out and about.

Reset Oil Life Remaining Reminder Light on Jeep Cherokee

JCae2798 06-03-2015 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baxterdown (Post 480720)
- Pressed the break pedal before pushing the ignition button to start the car. Then pressed the accelerator three times within 10 seconds. It didn't work.

Haha So your car was on and you were revving it? Probably got some looks :lol: Thanks for the laugh. Yea this should be done with car engine not started. Glad you got it done.

mrl1959 07-19-2015 09:09 AM

Ignition has to be in the run mode. Press the ignition start button to run. dont step on the brake pedal as to start the jeep.In run mode press the brake pedal 3 time in 10 sec .it will reset the oil change indicator.

Lightninrod 07-19-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrl1959 (Post 1201517)
Ignition has to be in the run mode. Press the ignition start button to run. dont step on the brake pedal as to start the jeep.In run mode press the brake pedal 3 time in 10 sec .it will reset the oil change indicator.

"Brake pedal". No, should press the accelerator pedal.

Dan

AAAA 07-19-2015 11:20 AM

I had a new fleet car every 2 years back in my working days. I wish I could remember which car had a simple button to push to reset oil change meter.