Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee SRT - WK2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/)
-   -   Saw a GC SRT8 in person today (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f97/saw-a-gc-srt8-in-person-today-28325.html)

bgmail777 09-09-2011 09:18 PM

Saw a GC SRT8 in person today

8 Attachment(s)
The SRT Tour came to my town today, and I was able to see the 2012 Black GC SRT8 that they are traveling with. Pictures don't do it justice, it is an Awesome looking ride. Even the wheels, I haven't liked them since I first saw them in pictures, but seeing them clean and in person, they look nice. I was able to sit in it and it feels tight. I was impressed with how soft the leather in the seats are. If you haven't seen one in person yet, I believe you will be impressed when you do.

Scottina06 09-09-2011 09:27 PM

Re: Saw a GC SRT8 in person today

the first one Ill probably see will be my own.....LOL

Street 09-09-2011 09:30 PM

Nice. No pictures? Was the interior really as nice as they are making it sound?

Scottina06 09-09-2011 09:36 PM

Ive heard magaizine reviewers call it the BEST interior they have ever seen......

bgmail777 09-09-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Street (Post 481930)
Nice. No pictures? Was the interior really as nice as they are making it sound?

I went back and edited my post, and added a few pictures. My cell phone was all I had with me, so, the picture quality could be better.

Yes, the interior is as nice as the reports have indicated. As I mentioned in my original post, I was impressed with how soft the leather was on the seats.

Schleprock 09-09-2011 10:06 PM

This was the Dulles meet?

I was going to drive 1.5hrs down this afternoon to see it and drive it, considering there were no test drives I am glad I didn't. Nice pics though.

bgmail777 09-09-2011 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schleprock (Post 481947)
This was the Dulles meet?

I was going to drive 1.5hrs down this afternoon to see it and drive it, considering there were no test drives I am glad I didn't. Nice pics though.

Yes, this was at the Dulles meet. Thanks, regarding the pics comment.

VerbalKint 09-09-2011 10:38 PM

Thanks for the pics and the feedback!! :thumbsup: I think you're the 3rd or 4th person to have mentioned that seeing the jeep in person seems to have changed your perception.

For me, the WK SRT8 has always been hit or miss in pictures, but mean and aggressive in person. I figured the WK2 would be similar. Thanks again!

moosehead 09-10-2011 10:25 AM

Despite the legit debate, I'm convinced that upon seeing and driving this vehicle, that I will want one.

Thankfully, we will be out of town when the SRT8 tour comes to Denver later this month. Phew.

QuickOne 09-10-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 482143)
Despite the legit debate, I'm convinced that upon seeing and driving this vehicle, that I will want one.

Thankfully, we will be out of town when the SRT8 tour comes to Denver later this month. Phew.

Lol! It is very true. I love my seats in My Jeep but when I sat in the new ones I let out a "wow" by accident. Lol. Its so nice sitting in the vehicle and seeing it. I long for road trips listening to that HK sound system. It is candy for my ears.

Sary fir typoos .....tuochscrwens Sock!

moosehead 09-10-2011 10:52 AM

^Quick, weren't you the guy that said resistance is futile? Maybe Jeep was counting on that.

QuickOne 09-10-2011 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosehead (Post 482157)
^Quick, weren't you the guy that said resistance is futile? Maybe Jeep was counting on that.

I'm sure they aren't doing the Tour to show off Gas mileage. So yes. If you want to hate the new Jeep SRT8. Whatever you do.....DONT DRIVE IN ONE!!!!!!! :D

Sary fir typoos .....tuochscrwens Sock!