Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum banner

Highest MPG reading on your WK

6K views 32 replies 21 participants last post by  JeepCoop 
#1 ·
Today I hit an awesome MPG number, check it out:

Was on a nice long stretch of road going about 60mph, until I came upon a smaller town from when the pic was taken.

2008 3.7L

See less See more
#10 ·
2007 HEMI 5.7 AWD

14-15 before my destination AT tires, 12.6 avg combined after.

#17 · (Edited)
Just did about a 350 miles +/- up and down I-5 for some vacation time spent up in seattle with my wife. The Jeep explained to me that with its wonderful aerodynamics that it didnt appreciate me asking of it to do 80mph for 120 miles... I was stuck at about 17mpg. magically I hit some traffic and construction zones (not litterally mind you) and it started climbing to about 18.2 by the time I got into my driveway. Jeep performed great, hopefully tomorrow (with my continued time off) ill be in to work installing some goodies!

#18 ·
I got over 28MPG coasting downhill a few times. On long trips I'll reset when I reach hiway speed & get 18-19MPG. Which isn't bad after my lift + tires. My speedometer hasn't been calibrated to the bigger tires, so the numbers are actually reading low since I'm covering more distance/revolution.

#19 ·
Before the lift and tires and when I was living closer to sea level and the Jeep was new, I would consistently get 22 for the week. That was city driving but most was at about 50mph. Now that my top speed for the week is about 35, and I have the lift and 33" tires I only average about 14-15. In the winter when it is more fun to disable the ESP and slide around corners at full throttle it's about ten!

#22 ·
I get 18-20MPG's. on I95 you never know if you'll get stuck with 10 minutes of traffic or 3 hours of it. I haven't tried the new Diablo Gas Saver Tune yet. Ireally wnat ot try it!

Usually around City I'm getting around 12-13MGP's on a 93 OCT Diablo Tune.

#29 ·
city/hwy combo avaerage 18-20 and that's behaving most of the time. best ever was 25.4, but that's a rarity.. I'm sure it'll go down once the bigger tires/lift go on.

#30 ·
on a long trip, we have seen it hit 21. thats refueling and getting right back on the freeway and CC at 68mph. in town, its probably 13ish when the wife drives, and about 10 when I drive it.

but resetting on the top of the grapevine (for those of you who know what that is) and coasting in N i've seen 87.6. lol ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.