JGC 2005 Ignition Switch
How do you replace the ignition switch on a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee? Someone please help!:confused:
Re: JGC 2005 Ignition Switch
Hello need to go to a dealer or service
Re: JGC 2005 Ignition Switch
The electrical ignition switch attaches to the rear of the key lock cylinder housing. The SKREEM unit also attaches to the key lock cylinder housing. For ignition switch terminal and circuit identification, refer to the Wiring Diagrams section.
1. Disconnect negative cable from battery.
2. Use a plastic trim removal stick (2) to remove switch bezel (1). Bezel snaps on.
3. Remove silencer pad (1) (two screws).
4. Remove knee blocker (1) (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/STEERING COLUMN OPENING COVER - REMOVAL).
5. Remove two key cylinder housing torx screws (2).
6. Use a plastic trim removal stick (2) to remove I.P. cluster bezel (1). Bezel snaps on (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/CLUSTER BEZEL - REMOVAL).
7. Remove one key cylinder housing torx screw (1).
8. To prevent binding or kinking cable (2), carefully lower the key/cylinder/switch/cable/SKREEM assembly (1) . Disconnect two electrical connectors (one at ignition switch and one at SKREEM). To release cable (2) from switch, simultaneously press on tab (3) while pressing on tab.
9. Remove SKREEM unit (2) from switch housing (3) by removing screw (1).
10. Remove ignition switch (2) from switch housing (1) by removing screw (4) and then proceeding to the next step.
11. Continue to remove ignition switch (2) by simultaneously pressing on two release tabs using two small screwdrivers (1), while pulling ignition switch (2) from housing (3).
12. To remove key lock cylinder (1) from housing (2), rotate key to ON position while pressing on release tab (3).
13. Remove key lock cylinder (1) from housing (2).
1. Install ignition key into lock cylinder (1). Rotate key to “ON” position (retaining tab on side of lock cylinder (3) can now be depressed).
2. The shaft at end of key lock cylinder aligns with socket within end of housing. To align socket with lock cylinder, ensure socket is in “ON” position.
3. Position and align key lock cylinder with grooves in housing.
4. Slide lock cylinder into housing until release tab (3) sticks through opening at side of housing.
5. Install ignition switch (2) to switch housing (1) until it snaps into the two tabs. Install and tighten screw (4).
6. Install SKREEM unit (2) to switch housing (3) and install screw (1).
7. Position cable into assembly until tab (1) engages.
8. Install one key cylinder housing torx screw (1). Do not tighten (finger tight only).
9. Install two key cylinder housing torx screws (2). Now tighten all three housing mounting screws.
10. Install knee blocker (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/STEERING COLUMN OPENING COVER - INSTALLATION).
11. Install silencer pad.
12. Install both bezel. Snaps on (Refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER BEZEL - INSTALLATION).
13. Connect negative battery cable.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community