Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Visual Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/)
-   -   Help! Rims and Tires! (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/help-rims-and-tires-28375.html)

Alex47er 09-10-2011 09:56 PM

Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Hey what's up I have a 06 GC v6 3.7, love that vic to death and I just want to put some new shoes on her wondering what recommendations I could get from you guys. It has become to plain to keep her with the stock rims and tires time to spice up the relationship ;)

bematare 09-10-2011 10:27 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alex47er (Post 482404)
Hey what's up I have a 06 GC v6 3.7, love that vic to death and I just want to put some new shoes on her wondering what recommendations I could get from you guys. It has become to plain to keep her with the stock rims and tires time to spice up the relationship ;)


Well what's your budget?

Personally if you just want to spice the Jeep up I'd either Paint em(These are mine painted; http://www.jeepgarage.org/f7/sneak-peak-28323.html) or you could Plasti-dip them(Matte black kind of look[here's a DIY tutorial link; http://www.jeepgarage.org/f204/how-to-plasti-dip-your-wheels-15162.html] looks really nice and is only a $13 job) If you go ahead and paint them here's a tutorial(you can really choose the color; Matte Black, Gray, Gloss Black, Graphite, etc) http://www.jeepgarage.org/f75/how-to-paint-your-wheels-w-out-removing-them-13350.html
For tires.. I recommend Discount tires.. but that's because I don't have all the money for super tires.. I got some Konaha's they're doing really good for the price.

Hope that helped and goodluck! :thumbsup:

Alex47er 09-10-2011 10:41 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bematare (Post 482421)
Well what's your budget?

Personally if you just want to spice the Jeep up I'd either Paint em(These are mine painted; http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=28323) or you could Plasti-dip them(Matte black kind of look[here's a DIY tutorial link; http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=15162] looks really nice and is only a $13 job) If you go ahead and paint them here's a tutorial(you can really choose the color; Matte Black, Gray, Gloss Black, Graphite, etc) http://www.jeepgarage.org/showthread.php?t=13350
For tires.. I recommend Discount tires.. but that's because I don't have all the money for super tires.. I got some Konaha's they're doing really good for the price.

Hope that helped and goodluck! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I though about painting mine but for some reason I feel like my tires are too small.. I put a different set of tires maybe a bit bigger but I feel like my Jeep still looks plain I want it to have a mean look.

bematare 09-10-2011 10:45 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Well get some pictures up of the Jeep(to use the [IMG][/IMG] you need to upload to photobucket and copy the IMG code, to post on here.. or you can use imageshack.us and link it)

I've got 17in(maybe 16in) wheels.. and the new tires def made me want to paint mine.. If you want a mean look.. Black :-)

TurboDiesel 09-10-2011 10:46 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
u like the street look or off road?


i bought some rims and tires off a 2010 wrangler $500 for all 5
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...g/IMG_8677.jpg

Alex47er 09-10-2011 10:49 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboDiesel (Post 482443)
u like the street look or off road?


i bought some rims and tires off a 2010 wrangler $500 for all 5
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...g/IMG_8677.jpg

I LOVE the street look!! I feel like the off road look will give it of a meaner look though and send me some links maybe i should order some as well.. Did you just put new tires or suspension as well?

Alex47er 09-10-2011 10:56 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
This is my Jeep GD =D

http://i56.tinypic.com/5nusyr.jpg

bematare 09-10-2011 11:03 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Plasti-dip them and see if you like it.. you can find it at Lowes/Home Depot/Ace.. if you don't like the outcome you can peel it off and have em back to stock chrome!

Alex47er 09-10-2011 11:06 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by bematare (Post 482455)
Plasti-dip them and see if you like it.. you can find it at Lowes/Home Depot/Ace.. if you don't like the outcome you can peel it off and have em back to stock chrome!

How much did you say they were? I am very down to do it though! How much you get your tires for?

TurboDiesel 09-10-2011 11:10 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
bought the rims and tires off craigslist

and im running a rough country 2" lift, which cost $170 after taxes...


personally i was driving a chrysler 300 and charger srt8 before the jeep, i was done with the street vehicles,...i wanted to go exploring!

Alex47er 09-10-2011 11:50 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TurboDiesel (Post 482460)
bought the rims and tires off craigslist

and im running a rough country 2" lift, which cost $170 after taxes...


personally i was driving a chrysler 300 and charger srt8 before the jeep, i was done with the street vehicles,...i wanted to go exploring!

What exactly did you look up? Your Jeep looks great I like the street look but the mean look of a vic is what gets to me too dope!

TurboDiesel 09-10-2011 11:53 PM

Re: Help! Rims and Tires!
 
thanks man

i just searched up "jeep" in the CL search bar
cruised it for a couple weeks then came across them, i love them


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2012 - JeepGarage.Org
The Jeep Grand Cherokee Owners Community