Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Performance Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/)
-   -   Help me suspension haul from Summit... (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f6/help-me-suspension-haul-from-summit-28381.html)

Martyp 09-11-2011 06:06 AM

Help me out on my suspension haul from Summit...

Right, I'm working as many hours as I can this month to finally order my suspension upgrade. :D

Now, on my Jeep at the moment I have only the Addco rear sway bar which clunks like heck when I go over bumps (yes, used the stock bushes :rolleyes:) and the powdercoating has just vanished from it. So I'm thinking along these lines for the essentials:

1. Eibach Sway Bar Kit (Front & Rear, 34mm/18mm with mounting hardware)
2. Eibach Pro-Truck Lowering Springs (Front 1" / Rear 1.3")
3. Bilstein HD Shocks
4. Rancho RS5409 Steering Stabilizer

Now, my WJ has 48k on the clock but with the crappy roads here I'm not too surprised if other parts might be wearing at the same time so would it be worth getting:

Moog Replacement Tie Rod Ends - Outer and Pitman Arm Tie Rods
or save half the cash and get AutoExtra Tie Rod Ends

Moog Sway Bar End Links - Front (sold individually, guess I'd need 2?)

I know for a fact my ball joints are perfect, these were changed 12k ago at the dealer so no worries there.

Now, I just want the Jeep to handle better than ever and feel nice and tight again.

Whilst I'm on Summit I was think of getting new plugs. Any suggestions? I was thinking of trying out the E3 plugs or Champion Iridium?

Thanks in advance for any input, it's always great to get advice from you guys! :thumbsup:

StoneCold 09-11-2011 06:21 AM

Re: Help me suspension haul from Summit...

Sounds like a plan dude:D

I'm pretty sure you're better sticking to stock plugs with the 4.7. Anything else is just a headache or unnecessary:thumbsup:

Martyp 09-11-2011 08:20 AM

LMFAO at your sig!! I must just give Jules some hard lovin'!?! :eek: :lol: :lol:

Yup, its a plan I've had on my mind for 2 years now... :o

I grudge paying the dealer stupid prices for stock plugs when I can get them for $6-8 on Summit tho.

StoneCold 09-11-2011 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martyp (Post 482548)
LMFAO at your sig!! I must just give Jules some hard lovin'!?! :eek: :lol: :lol:

Yup, its a plan I've had on my mind for 2 years now... :o

I grudge paying the dealer stupid prices for stock plugs when I can get them for $6-8 on Summit tho.

He he yeah sorry man I couldnt resist!:lol:

What is the dealer charging you??? I'm about 8 for all eight!

I'm actually thinking about changing my shocks and possibly the steering damper. I've done the track rod ends and rear anti roll bars. Definitely need a new sway bar though.

Martyp 09-11-2011 08:38 AM

Shoot! I honestly thought they'd just be overpriced like everything else...

Probably just get them from the dealer, guess you mean 8 for eight or you trying to save fuel with a makeshift V6? :lol:

StoneCold 09-11-2011 08:45 AM

Ha ha! Yeah for all eight, just realised I said 6!!! They were just over 1 each the last time I bought them, so come to think of it, you're nearer a tenner :o. I was surprised too. I expected them to be something ridiculous. Steve always laughs when he gives me a price and I'm like, "is that all?!"

If you need them let me know, I can always pick them up for you. The postage is bound to be cheaper than gas.

Martyp 09-11-2011 09:03 AM

Yeah, I think I'll order them up. Thankfully my dad's work's depot is in the same industrial estate so he's normally up there a couple of times a week to get stuff which is very handy for me!

I don't think I need them but my mileage is crap - 12-13MPG, so worth a shot.

StoneCold 09-11-2011 09:29 AM

Cool. Damn 12 - 13?!?:eek: I'm averaging 18-19.