Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Engine Performance/Intake/Exhaust (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/)
-   -   Check engine light after Airaid install (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f183/check-engine-light-after-airaid-install-28389.html)

Jordan's Jeep 09-11-2011 11:08 AM

Check engine light after Airaid install

Like the title says my check engine light came on after I installed my Airaid CAI. What could be the problem? I did the install exactly as the directions said. Not the happiest person right now

jlewissystem 09-11-2011 11:23 AM

Re: Check engine light after Airaid install

Make sure the sensor is seated correctly and not bent. Then disconnect the battery for 30 secs. If you still get the check engine, get a code.

JETLIFE 09-11-2011 11:26 AM

Maybe you broke the IAT sensor? I don't know how the intake installs on the 3.7L but on the 5.7L you need to remove the IAT and carefully install it in the intake tube.

If you broke that it could trigger a CEL

JeepKid 09-11-2011 11:51 AM

Maybe you forgot to disconnect your battery? I had this issue when I changed my spark plugs I just disconnected the negative terminal and let it sit for ten minutes and then connected it again and the light was gone.

viking757 09-11-2011 11:55 AM

Just remember after disconnecting the battery it will take some miles and key cycles for the OBDII to be ready again so initially you may not get a light but if you damaged the IAT the light will come back on after the OBDII readies up.

**To check your ready state, you can turn your key from off to on without cranking the motor. Let it sit for 15 or so seconds and watch your check engine light. If it flashes, you're not ready. If it stays steady on, you are ready**

Jordan's Jeep 09-11-2011 12:15 PM

I know I disconected the negative terminal on my battery. I'll remove the IAT and put it back in and disconnect the battery and let it sit and hopefully it goes away

Jordan's Jeep 09-11-2011 03:02 PM

Removed the IAT and disconnected battery plugged back in and the light went off! Thanks guys!

jvs0302 09-12-2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jeep (Post 482798)
Removed the IAT and disconnected battery plugged back in and the light went off! Thanks guys!

glad to hear it! so what do you think of the airaid intake??

Jordan's Jeep 09-13-2011 02:04 PM

Looks awesome especially compared to the stock setup. The fitment over the throttle body isn't all that great. As usual I have gotten a slight increase in mpg. With a clean filter it would be great. I bought it used so the filter isn't as clean as it needs to be so I need to wash it. Other than that it's nice!

jvs0302 09-13-2011 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan's Jeep (Post 483954)
Looks awesome especially compared to the stock setup. The fitment over the throttle body isn't all that great. As usual I have gotten a slight increase in mpg. With a clean filter it would be great. I bought it used so the filter isn't as clean as it needs to be so I need to wash it. Other than that it's nice!

i have one on the way. whats the issue with the fitment on the throttle body? too loose??

Jordan's Jeep 09-14-2011 06:56 PM

Well Airaid includes a reducer which goes over the throttle body and the intake tube hooks into the reducer. The reducer is way to wide on the throttle body side so it takes some time to make the intake tube fit well into the reducer and keep the reducer on the throttle body. But it's not too bad!