Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Flyin' Ryan Performance (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f59/)
-   -   ATV/Dirtbike/Motorcycle headwork. (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f59/atv-dirtbike-motorcycle-headwork-28392.html)

FlyinRyan 09-11-2011 12:47 PM

ATV/Dirtbike/Motorcycle headwork.

Long before I got into Jeeps, I used to tune bikes for myself and friends, as I was into 4 wheelers and had several friends who raced.

I am about to start doing more serious portwork on 4 stroke ATVs/Dirtbikes/Motorcycles etc. Although I dont have the required hardware to do valve jobs or assemble/disassemble heads, I have all the things necessary to rework and reshape ports.

Sometime in the next month, I will be receiving 2 YZF250/YZ250F heads, along with a YFZ450 head. All will be receiving major portwork, including epoxy to correct port angles and alleviate dead spots in the port. The heads will not be flowbenched.

Stay tuned.....

JeepCoop 09-11-2011 01:40 PM

What about the red team?! What can ya do for a CRF250X? Already have a pipe and exhaust, re jet it, took smog pump off and some more. I could def use some more power! :)

FlyinRyan 09-11-2011 01:57 PM

Re: ATV/Dirtbike/Motorcycle headwork.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 482746)
What about the red team?! What can ya do for a CRF250X? Already have a pipe and exhaust, re jet it, took smog pump off and some more. I could def use some more power! :)

My blood runs Honda Red.........

If you can send me a bare head, I can see what I can do.

My plan is to lightly de-burr the stock ports, then epoxy the port floors, possibly raise the roof of the port to get a better angle if possible. If not, oh well. But port floor modification is a definite. Something similiar will be done for the exhaust port as well.

I rode a CRF250R a while back...the power of that thing, especially on hardpack where it can get traction, is absolutely brutal.

If you are serious, Email me with a mod list, how you ride it, etc etc and we will go from there.

JeepCoop 09-11-2011 02:09 PM

Superb. Tanks, Ryan!! Go team red lol

StoneCold 09-11-2011 03:26 PM

I'll be watching with interest. I was on a heavily tuned 1200 bandit a few months back. My reactions were sort of :eek::D:eek::D

FlyinRyan 09-11-2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepCoop (Post 482765)
Superb. Tanks, Ryan!! Go team red lol

Anytime...talk to you soon...

Quote:

Originally Posted by StoneCold (Post 482812)
I'll be watching with interest. I was on a heavily tuned 1200 bandit a few months back. My reactions were sort of :eek::D:eek::D

Just like my taper porting, my methods go against common knowledge, but are tried and true...

FlyinRyan 02-10-2012 05:42 AM

Bump....Going to start doing epoxy work soon.