Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Off Road Modifications (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/)
-   -   RRO front end chatter (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f42/rro-front-end-chatter-28409.html)

A Grand Hemi 09-11-2011 06:44 PM

RRO front end chatter

I did a search, and came up with someone who described a "creaking" sound coming from the front after a RRO install, with swaybar bushings as a possible cause ...I have had a rattle or chatter type sound coming from the front when going over bumps since my RRO install...wondering if anybody else has experienced this with the RRO lift? I believe it is somehow a cause of the lift...any suggestions?...on highway great..but on anything else it is driving me nuts...wondering if this is one of those symptoms of the RRO lift, and maybe I should look at the OME lift...or an easy fix....thanks...

grebesbakery 09-11-2011 10:40 PM

Re: RRO front end chatter

rattle/chatter....if you find the fix let me know....only front end parts I haven't replaced are the lower control arms....hope thats not the problem.

socaljesse1 09-11-2011 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Grand Hemi (Post 482911)
I did a search, and came up with someone who described a "creaking" sound coming from the front after a RRO install, with swaybar bushings as a possible cause ...I have had a rattle or chatter type sound coming from the front when going over bumps since my RRO install...wondering if anybody else has experienced this with the RRO lift? I believe it is somehow a cause of the lift...any suggestions?...on highway great..but on anything else it is driving me nuts...wondering if this is one of those symptoms of the RRO lift, and maybe I should look at the OME lift...or an easy fix....thanks...

I had a similar noise after having a local 4x4 shop install my RRO lift back in March. I came back to the store and they checked/tightened everything for free. They said the front sway bar was loose. The noise is gone and I hope yours is an easy fix too. :)

Jesse

A Grand Hemi 09-12-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by socaljesse1 (Post 483026)
I had a similar noise after having a local 4x4 shop install my RRO lift back in March. I came back to the store and they checked/tightened everything for free. They said the front sway bar was loose. The noise is gone and I hope yours is an easy fix too. :)

Jesse

This is what I'm hoping...will be taking it to a garage next week to have them check it out...

okcmedic 01-09-2012 02:12 PM

I have similar noises with mine. I installed an OME HD lift. What was your noise from?

dandankler 01-13-2012 09:36 PM

mine does it stock......its my swaybar...

AcidCold 01-19-2012 12:17 AM

Sway bar for sure, mine got lose all the time until I torqued the hell out of it.

madmtnbiker@gmail.com 01-23-2012 03:22 PM

Sway bar on mine too, also replaced the rubber bushings as Jeep changed the design in 2007, never creaked again...