Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   Laredo E questions (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/laredo-e-questions-28486.html)

jgc4ever 09-13-2011 01:46 PM

Laredo E questions

Do you like the V6? Does it downshift and rev hard when you accelerate to merge onto the interstate?

Do you like the cloth seats? Especially if you have the black cloth seats, do you like those? Are cloth seats like those something to get scotch guarded or is that not necessary?

I've already looked and think I like the black cloth interior. If the V6 is sufficient, I might just get a Laredo E and add Security Group and All Weather Capability Group and Tow package.
I don't need a sunroof, or NAV.

What about the radio? Is the sound good or disappointing? Does it play Ipod?

I'm thinking of either getting a Laredo E or an Overland Hemi (crazy I know to consider both), but I feel like these both offer good value, as does the Laredo X, but if I'm going to go for the savings in money for a new Jeep, I'm going all out.

Thanks

RageOfFury 09-13-2011 05:17 PM

Re: Laredo E questions

1. I like the V6. Plenty powerful, good fuel economy, newer technology. TSB 18-012-11a is a must!

2. I love the cloth seats. Very comfortable, great design. I had leather seats in my previous Jeep and ended up hating them. I kept sliding around. Very very happy with the cloth seats in the WK2. I have the black seats. I scotchguarded them myself as a precaution (along with the carpets).

3. The base radio sounds great. No complaints. Plays ipod/iphone if you get the Security and Convenience Group.

4. Laredo E vs Overland? Wow lol

void 09-13-2011 06:23 PM

I got laredo v6 4x4 base cause I hate leather seat and more important, less stuffs to break. That is actually major motivation for me to pick laredo base :)
V6 is good enough. I got surprisingly 22.5mpg with mixed 1/4 city and 3/4 free way drive!
No issue with radio and I don't use iPod.
Sunroof? No, it may leak. Nav? No I don't use it often and I have much better one.
Overland? I will wait for Chrysler to settle WK2 reliability in another two years.

LogicNow 09-13-2011 07:19 PM

I have the Laredo V6 with All Weather Group and Tow Package (no security/technology package).

Do you like the V6? Yes, but live in Midwest/90% City driving.
Does it downshift and rev hard when you accelerate to merge onto the interstate? Downshifts but not a hard rev. Hardest part was drove manual for prior 6 years, so yes a big change. It is learning well though and gets better every 500 miles (only at 2800). The Sport setting gets rid of any issues of the shift points/V6 when when it doesn't seem aggressive enough.

Do you like the cloth seats? Yes (I hated the Leather in my prior car)
Especially if you have the black cloth seats, do you like those? Have Black, mixed feeling as I wanted the gray but didn't want to do an order for that alone. They are not fully black so didn't cause the interior to get hot this summer.
Are cloth seats like those something to get scotch guarded or is that not necessary? Not necessary for me, but no kids and I'm not hard on cars.

Is the sound good or disappointing? No issues here.
Does it play Ipod? Yes through the Aux port on the front.

For the money I highly recommend the All Weather Package. I like the remote start more than I thought, had planned on getting the rubber mats, and glad I got the select trac for those occasions I want the Sport mode.

Personally, I think the base Laredo has great value for what you get.

jgc4ever 09-13-2011 07:39 PM

Thank you all very much for your informative posts. Laredo E with All Weather Group, etc. sounds very promising.

Anyone else?

Let's keep this Laredo E thread going. :thumbsup:

RageOfFury 09-13-2011 08:28 PM

Laredo E For The Win!!!

I love mine. Best vehicle I've ever driven.

Took me about 4 weeks before I got mine. At first I thought I was going to need to order one due to not finding a Laredo E with the options I wanted in my area - Dark Charcoal, black interior, factory tow package, V6.

Thankfully my dealership was able to get their hands on one from another dealership. They essentially did a trade.

Once my dealership had my Laredo on the lot, I had them swap the stock tires out for GY Wrangler SilentArmors.

I'm happy as a clam :)

Sgman16 09-14-2011 02:53 PM

Agree on all the above posts! I have the Laredo E with security and convenience plus the sunroof. Mine is Silver with black cloth. Black cloth seats are great, and these are probably some of the best cloth seats I have seen in a vehicle.

No issues with the V6 and I am able to merge into highways with ease.

I took about a month to find what I wanted...I really wanted the sunroof as I always had one in my car, besides the roadster convertible I had. I think for the base model, you get a lot in it. Ipod is easy to connect and it has the Sirius radio (free for a year).

Finally some Laredo E posts...

SW03ES 09-14-2011 10:56 PM

I think the Laredo E is great value for the money. My wife wanted factory navigation, so the X package was a requirement, but I would have been happy with the E.

richxgior 09-14-2011 11:05 PM

i had a v6, then upgraded to v8 leather limited..the v8 way more powerful..leather seats heated on a winter day... (y)