Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   bfg at vs ltx at/2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/bfg-at-vs-ltx-at-2-a-28505.html)

bromhead 09-13-2011 09:04 PM

bfg at vs ltx at/2

Hi,

People seem to like the lt at/2's. Any comments to share?

Any feedback on the BFG at's? I know i would have to go up a profile size to get them (60 to 65)?

For the most part, i am on pavement driving with 3-4 off road camping trips a year and pretty steady trips (2-3x a month) up the mountain for skiing during the winter.

I have BFG's on a older vehicle, but its modified, so i can't really get a feel for how it will effect a new overland with 18in wheels.

The BFG's are heavier, have a more aggressive tread and that severe service rating (better winter performance).
I assume the ltx will be slightly worse off road, but superior in noise, ride and on road performance.

Assuming what i said is true, i don't have a real world idea on how much of a difference these factors really work out to be...

Any help would be appreciated. (I did do a few searches on other threads)

Thanks

bromhead 09-14-2011 02:12 PM

Re: bfg at vs ltx at/2

bump?

moosehead 09-14-2011 03:28 PM

Brom, many of the members here swear by the ltx at2/ms2. Another handful say the same about the Firestone Destination AT's, which are what I run for winter setup and trail/camping.

Check out the WK2 wheel/tire subforum, and the Tirerack survey ratings, but as you suggest the BFG's are a bit more aggro and less pavement oriented. YMMV.

Eurosport 09-15-2011 01:48 AM

i like the bfg but they are loud as hell between 25mph-40ish, after that you don't notice them. i also like their stiff sidewalls, corner very good for an at tire

bromhead 09-15-2011 10:57 AM

funny, i just drove my beater with the at's and didn't notice the sound difference at that speed...of course, my car is so loud, i barely hear the stereo!

Thanks for all of the comments

Eurosport 09-15-2011 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bromhead (Post 485107)
funny, i just drove my beater with the at's and didn't notice the sound difference at that speed...of course, my car is so loud, i barely hear the stereo!

Thanks for all of the comments

hehe ya GC is so quiet you hear them big time

DGoral31 09-15-2011 04:51 PM

BFG ATKO's all day long

i've had them on every Jeep i've owned and wouldnt go with any other tire. Best on road behavior and longest lasting tire you will ever purchase.

a little on the pricey side but well worth the money!!

edit: i never noticed them being loud at all. They are an aggressive AT tire so ya maybe they tend to make a teensy bit of noise when driving... but whatever, i like that sound... roll up the windows or turn up the radio if it bothers you haha but if it REALLY bothers you i'd stay away from AT's in general.