Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK2 - (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/)
-   -   How To Set Automatic Tilt Steering Wheel--Overland? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f73/how-to-set-automatic-tilt-steering-wheel-overland-28545.html)

At Law 09-14-2011 07:04 PM

How To Set Automatic Tilt Steering Wheel--Overland?

Hello All,

A quick question that I have not been able to find in the owners manual.

How do I set the power steering wheel to automatically drop down when I get in the truck, and raise when getting out? I have an '11 Overland.

Thank you.

Tom

jeepster23 09-14-2011 07:49 PM

Re: How To Set Automatic Tilt Steering Wheel--Overland?

There is no easy entry\exit system in the Overland. Well I stand corrected. Thanks for the info

At Law 09-14-2011 08:01 PM

Really? I am sure my father's '11 Overland drops down and raises upon entry and exit.

sined240 09-14-2011 08:03 PM

you toggle through the setup in the evic using the steering wheel buttons on the left

Cherodude 09-14-2011 08:11 PM

On the 2011 Overland, you can set this using the EVIC:
Go to "System Setup"
Navigate down to "Easy Exit Seat" and put a check mark there.

This will cause the seat to move back and the steering wheel to rise when you turn off the ignition. Of course the degree of movement of each will depend on where your normal settings are. But each will move as far as possible.

BuckeyeSRT 09-14-2011 09:35 PM

At 5 foot 10 inches I had to disable this cause I could not reach the brake to start the car.:lol::lol:

slawek65 09-14-2011 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 484850)
At 5 foot 10 inches I had to disable this cause I could not reach the brake to start the car.:lol::lol:

:thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatf unny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny:: thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfu nny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny::t hatfunny::thatfunny::thatfunny:

Technosavant 09-14-2011 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeSRT (Post 484850)

Yeah, if you are of average height or have short legs, that can be an issue. It can also be a problem if you have somebody sitting behind you... the easy access seat can crunch their feet/legs, and that's why I'm not a big fan of that. My wife has it set in her Infiniti, but the time it takes to actuate makes it kinda pointless; by the time it's done, I'm out of the car. In the Jeep, it's spacious enough that it isn't an issue at all.

Eric67 09-15-2011 08:12 AM

At first I had it on, but getting in the car was no improvement. Also the many seat movements only makes it break sooner :p