Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Audio/Visual/Navigation (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/)
-   -   Lockpick V.4 vs. Nav-TV AllGig vs. TVandNav2Go MyGig Unlock V2 (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f155/lockpick-v-4-vs-nav-tv-allgig-vs-tvandnav2go-mygig-unlock-v2-28626.html)

thinkingjeep 09-16-2011 06:27 PM

CoastalETech Lockpick V.4 vs. Nav-TV AllGig vs. TVandNav2Go MyGig Unlock V2

Okay so here is my first post since I can't seem to find a definate answer on any other thread. Here are my questions:

1. What's the best (price vs. benefits) if you don't care for the Ipod/Iphone/Ipad input capability and additional cameras? CoastalETech Lockpick V.4, Nav-TV ALLGIG, or TVandNav2Go MyGig Unlock V2) *** Poll above ***

2. Does the addition of any of these devices decrease the video quality of the OEM rear back up camera (as stated in previous threads on the CoastalETech Lockpick V.4 and CHR550)?

3. Does the video quality from the A/V RCA inputs have "line-bleed" from the constantly powered OEM rear back-up camera (as stated in previous threads on the CoastalETech Lockpick V.4 and CHR550)?

If they all have problems #2 and #3, is the PAC NU-CHY2 a good, cheaper alternative to just unlock navigation entry and DVD in motion since there are no efficient alternatives to add A/V Inputs?

My system: 2011 WK2, MyGig 730N RHR

Thanks in advance.

thinkingjeep 09-17-2011 03:02 PM

Re: CoastalETech Lockpick V.4 vs. Nav-TV AllGig vs. TVandNav2Go MyGig Unlock V2

Bump

Snipe315 09-17-2011 04:22 PM

Re: Lockpick V.4 vs. Nav-TV AllGig vs. TVandNav2Go MyGig Unlock V2

I'm really curious about the answer to these questions also.

I'm trying to decide which is the best overall option.

Hemidog 09-19-2011 03:14 PM

I bought a Lockpick V.4 back in May off eBay. Was very disappointed in the video quality of the backup camera as the display was very washed out compared to stock. Everything else worked as advertised once installed though. Two months ago I noticed that the ability to enter nav points while moving was gone and it was showing speed on my GPS again. The unit finally completely died three weeks after that. When it died, there was no warning or hint, except looking back at the feature I mentioned that quit, and the radio just seemed dead. I removed the lockpick, thinking I would have to take it to the dealer for the radio, but found that it was luckily just the the lockpick that quit working. The washed out video could be a by-product of a unit that was bad from the beginning though.
Love to hear comments on the other options, but I am not planning on replacing the lockpick with another of the same one.

thinkingjeep 09-19-2011 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hemidog (Post 487057)
I bought a Lockpick V.4 back in May off eBay. Was very disappointed in the video quality of the backup camera as the display was very washed out compared to stock. Everything else worked as advertised once installed though. Two months ago I noticed that the ability to enter nav points while moving was gone and it was showing speed on my GPS again. The unit finally completely died three weeks after that. When it died, there was no warning or hint, except looking back at the feature I mentioned that quit, and the radio just seemed dead. I removed the lockpick, thinking I would have to take it to the dealer for the radio, but found that it was luckily just the the lockpick that quit working. The washed out video could be a by-product of a unit that was bad from the beginning though.
Love to hear comments on the other options, but I am not planning on replacing the lockpick with another of the same one.

Thank you for your reply Hemidog. I've read numurous complaints about the washed out backup camera, so I don't think it was just your unit. It seams that the CoastalETech Lockpick is the most popular product, but it also is the only one I've heard with negative feedback. I've sent e-mails to the other manufactures to ask them if they have the same problem being reported by the CoastelETech lockpick, they have of course all stated that there are no problems, curious to hear from unbiased opinions....

dabl 10-12-2011 11:11 AM

Just another user interested in the same answers.

I noticed thinkingjeep's inquiry in another related thread re: whether the nav-tv product had the same video degradation problems with a camera hooked up went unanswered.

Might be worth posting in the Nav-Tv forums

Sparro 11-29-2011 04:59 PM

Didn't wanna start another thread on this topic.
I wanted to get the My Gig LockPick v4 for my 730N RHR but didn't see it listed on their website. So I sent them an email and got a response this morning.
CostalEtech says the v4 is NOT compatible with the 730N RHR. Does anyone know if this is true? I think there was a thread somewhere when someone said it was compatible and someone said it wasn't compatible.

All I want to be able to do is enter points while in motion and non-restricted DVD playback. Don't much care to be able to see behind me when not in reverse.
What is the best unit out there for the best price?

MR291 12-22-2011 05:41 PM

I am looking to add one of these to mine as well. Any suggestions on what is best. Just need nav screen input on the move. Thanks.

*sox* 12-23-2011 12:14 AM

i have install several lockpicks and the best lockpicks are!

- coastale V3
- nav2go V2

..........the feature from this 2 lockpicks are identicel.

and this works perfect with all MyGIGs!

Snipe315 12-25-2011 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *sox* (Post 539092)
i have install several lockpicks and the best lockpicks are!

- coastale V3
- nav2go V2

..........the feature from this 2 lockpicks are identicel.

and this works perfect with all MyGIGs!

But can you answer the questions the OP asked regarding degradation in video quality with either system?

SvenskaJeepGuy 12-25-2011 04:43 PM

i have used both brands in my WK and they are identical. iirc tv/nav was cheaper and others have claimed they have better customer service.

*sox* 12-25-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snipe315 (Post 540176)
But can you answer the questions the OP asked regarding degradation in video quality with either system?

video quality are same good!