Jeep Garage  - Jeep Forum

Jeep Garage - Jeep Forum (http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php)
-   Grand Cherokee - WK (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/)
-   -   Will Sonnax line booster & Superchips Flashpaq work together? (http://www.jeepgarage.org/f5/will-sonnax-line-booster-and-superchips-flashpaq-work-together-28654.html)

wlabarre 09-17-2011 03:34 PM

Will Sonnax line booster & Superchips Flashpaq work together?

I was wondering if anybody can shed a little light on this for me. I have the Superchips Flashpaq with the ATT installed, and I just purchased the Sonnax Line Booster. Are there going to be problems using both? Does the Flashpaq raise the line pressure with programs? Basically I don't want to use both and find out that it's increasing the pressure too much, or they work against each other.

Chaoul1 09-17-2011 03:53 PM

Re: Will Sonnax line booster & Superchips Flashpaq work together?

Sonnax LineBooster? Never heard of it. Superchips only will work I htink for the 05-07 Jeeps IIRC?

wlabarre 09-17-2011 04:08 PM

Superchips #3875 is for all Jeep gas vehicles, including GC up to 2010 I believe. The Sonnax is basically an inline plug that fools the computer into raising transmission line pressure. I'm just not sure if Superchips raises it as well. Here's the info on Sonnax: http://www.sonnax.com/system/announc...57-LB1_LB2.pdf

Chaoul1 09-17-2011 04:21 PM

I prefer you to not purchase to transmission line.

If you want performance by a Superchips then But make sure it's good for your 3.7L engine. Second Port the throttle body and get an intake and maybe an exhaust.

Crestwood1001 09-17-2011 04:23 PM

Yea, get rid of that line booster crap, never heard of it, which means stay away from it. Superchips offers a very advanced transmission tuning option which will be safer then that thing. Again, return it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

wlabarre 09-17-2011 05:08 PM

Increasing the line pressure isn't going to make the Jeep faster.....it's a 4.7 V8, not the V6. From my understanding of an increase in line pressure, it will increase the clamping pressure of the torque converter, which makes it less likely to slip under a load such as for towing purposes. The less slippage results in less wear and less heat, which is very bad for an automatic. I'm just looking to see if Superchips does this as well, and if so would it increase it further over the Sonnax.

jeepgcoman 09-17-2011 07:31 PM

I've been running both almost since I bought my Hemi WK.....about 2 years. I am currently running it with the Diablosport Tuner. It works great with both tuners. The booster is suppose to only boost the pressure by about 15-30 PSI or so, which increases clutch application force. Years ago I used to work on automatic racing transmissions (B & M Automotive), and we used to modify the front pumps and pressure regulators to obtain the same result. Main goal is to retard clutch slipage (more power, more slipage). Kind of like a heavy duty pressure plate on a manual transmission. On a stock, or nearly stock vehicle, at best it may help prolong transmission life ever so slightly. IMO, for the small price and easy install, it was well worth it.

wlabarre 09-17-2011 08:20 PM

Great, thanks for that info. Do you know if the tuners (any brand) increase the pressures at all?

jeepgcoman 09-17-2011 09:42 PM

No, I sure don't. You may want to get on one of their forums and ask the question.